stuff for babies (furniture, clothes, toys, etc,etc) in bavaro?

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Hi there, wondering where people having babies buy all stuff related to being parents.
I have not seen any shop for that here in Bavaro.
Maybe the only solution is Higuey and ordering stuff to IKEA.
Any help guys?
Txs

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The big supermarkets have baby departments, Jumbo & La Sirena come to mind. Plaza Lama, I think, has furniture & toys on the upper level with the cafeteria and muebles departments. We just bought a booster seat [for eating] at Jumbo, they had everything there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
there is a JUMBO in La Romana, and a huge new Sirena in Higuey, right????

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I haven't noticed anything of this description in B?varo either but have you checked the upper floor at San Juan SC?
Sema and La Sirena in Higuey are probably the only options.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
yes I think Higuey with Sirena, Sema, Higueyano and Iberia (and maybe some baby shops) is the best option.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
There is a small shoppe on the second level of the San Juan Shopping Ctr that has baby items strollers etc...they have a little bit of everything, however costly...you would be better off in Higuey!! IMO:)

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
yeah yeah costly enough just having a baby, so lets not bankrupt buying in those bavaro shops!!!! ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There is a small shoppe on the second level of the San Juan Shopping Ctr that has baby items strollers etc...they have a little bit of everything, however costly...you would be better off in Higuey!! IMO:)
I had a feeling there might be one there. I vaguely remember seeing an advert but I haven't been upstairs since Helados Bon closed. I would check it out if only to compare prices.