Budget or Europcar car rental?

AimHigh

Jan 22, 2009
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I made a reservation for an "intermediate" vehicle from both companies in Santo Domingo for 19 days in July.
The prices are about the same for that type of vehicle (Budget was a bit higher).

So, based on your experiences or on what you have read, what company would be better overall as far as dealing with them, the quality of the service and product they offer.

Thank you!

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
I use to rent from Budget in Santo Domingo airport. The last time I rented from Budget they gave me a car with no acceleration at all. I was mashing the pedal to the car floor and the car didn’t accelerate above 40K. I took the car back to Budget and exchanged the car for a car that did not appear to be a rental car. It looked like someone’s personal car and the car windows were tinted.
I was a victim of identity theft at Europcar car rental in Puerto Plata airport. That was the only place I used my credit card in DR during my stay. No more Europcar rentals for me.
These days I have been renting from Avis for the past few years without any problems. Avis have telephone numbers if you need help and they give you free maps of the main cities. The only thing about Avis their insurance is pricey, so I use a platinum card with my rental.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Forgert those big name places man, the best places to rent are in front of El Cibao airport. You can get the luxury SUV's man.
A friend rented from a big chain once and when he got to the airport they did not have any cars left for him. WTF? That does not happen at the places that I know.