military pay

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Has anyone hadtheir military pay direct deposited to Banco Popular here in SD??
And,if so,what routing number did you use?
Thanks
bob

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Has anyone hadtheir military pay direct deposited to Banco Popular here in SD??
And,if so,what routing number did you use?
Thanks
bob

Banco Popular Dominicano (BPD) has only one Swift code for all branches in the DR and it's listed below. If you have not done so yet, you should open a dollar account in BPD. Ask the Rep to give you the BPD routing info & SWIFT Code, just to be on the safe side, it should match the info provided below.

BANCO POPULAR DOMINICANO, C. POR A.
AV. JOHN F. KENNEDY, ESQ. AV. MAXIMO GOMEZ, TORRE POPULAR,
SANTO DOMINGO

Swift code: BPDODOSXXXX

NotLurking

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Swift code: BPDODOSXXXX

I am using that Swift Code to receive weekly payments from the States to my BPD account in Bavaro. Never had a problem.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I believe you also need the correspondent bank in the US, as least you do for wire transfers.

SWIFT Code is 8 or 11 characters for a bank. If SWIFT Code is 8 character code then it points to the primary branch/office ?First 4 characters represents bank code.
?Next 2 characters represents ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code.
?Next 2 characters represents location code. (letters and digits) (passive participant will have "1" in the second character)
?Last 3 characters represents branch code. These characters are optional. ('XXX' for primary office)

Last edited:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The SWIFT code is for wire transfers. The OP asked about direct deposit which is something different - an ACH transfer.

My landlord asked me to help him to get his Social Security direct deposited into a Banco Popular account, and it worked. The necessary codes were different from the BP SWIFT code for wire transfers.

Last edited:

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
The SWIFT code is for wire transfers. The OP asked about direct deposit which is something different - an ACH transfer.

My landlord asked me to help him to get his Social Security direct deposited into a Banco Popular account, and it worked. The necessary codes were different from the BP SWIFT code for wire transfers.[/QUE]

I have had my ss check direct depoisited here for the last 6 years or so,but the routing number that they have on my paperwork will not work with military retirement check for some reason.
Bob