Some Santiago Pics April, 2012 (More to Come)

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
092.jpg

091.jpg

090.jpg

089.jpg

088.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nice look at the upper part of "downtown"....from Parque Col?n to the Monumento. Palm Sunday parade by the faithful...

Thanks...I have not been further than three blocks from my house this weekend...super quiet...

HB

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I can see the Monument from my house everyday....love it.
Pictures like these instead of a constant barrage of unfinished construction sites.....
are a sight for sore eyes...
I am also planning on posting photos of everyday REAL life in Santiago real soon.....it will be fun...

B in Santiago

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I can see the Monument from my house everyday....love it.
Pictures like these instead of a constant barrage of unfinished construction sites.....
are a sight for sore eyes...
I am also planning on posting photos of everyday REAL life in Santiago real soon.....it will be fun...

B in Santiago
Santiago is great! I can be anywhere in DR and just want to get back to Santiago fast

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I have some more from Andy Ranch, but the others are of me with friends. I took a lot in the downtown area as I was staying at Hotel Aloha Sol. I will check and see what else I can post.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I have some more from Andy Ranch, but the others are of me with friends. I took a lot in the downtown area as I was staying at Hotel Aloha Sol. I will check and see what else I can post.

What's with the group of kids?

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
What's with the group of kids?

I saw a local scout troop performing some exercises by El Monumento. I wasn't sure if they were from the Boy Scouts because there were girls involved too, but I thought it was an interesting shot to take of some regular life in Santiago.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
There are always newbies asking what is it like in Santiago.......
One photo is worth a thousand words........
jbars, as you post future photos, please put a small description of what the photo is about, where, when, who, etc........
Thank you.....

B in Santiago

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Nice look at the upper part of "downtown"....from Parque Col?n to the Monumento. Palm Sunday parade by the faithful...

Thanks...I have not been further than three blocks from my house this weekend...super quiet...

HB

I was going to ask what the significance of the plants was. Thank you.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
jbars - the "boy scouts" are just "scouts" here -the troops are integrated, but it's the same global organization as the boy/girl scouts of america. i have a few scout students and they're pretty impressive.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I have some pics of el Cibao that many here probably have never seen... I will have to post some later.