Major thunderstorm hitting Santiago and area

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is a doozy! Worth of Cats and Dogs status...Really heavy rains with some growling thunder. I would imagine flooding in many areas of the city will cause havoc and more work for the Civil Defense people.

This is why the Green and Yellow warnings for flooding and landslides...And once again, this is strange for this time of the year....More usual in May and June...Gully washers is what they used to be called...

Be safe. Stay dry, if you can.

HB

W. W.

Apr 7, 2012
It rained like that last year for Semana Santa in Sosua. Was held up in Casa Linda. Real time info - Chica just whatsapp me and said no rain. " No rhain papi. Pero Muy hat ! ( I love sosua Spanglish )

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Punta Cana's was hot and sunny all day. Still nice out. Quite a change for Semana Santa over here!

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
hillbilly,
Enjoy your mamajuana and listen to the rain hit your roof lol

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm on the south coast, about 45 minutes west of Santo Domingo, and as I just read that I heard thunder rumbling to the north. Guess it's on its way down here, wind is shifting and getting stronger too.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
right now the Plaza International Plaza parking garage is underwater

I bet PICHARDO won't find any pictures to post of the flooding!!!!!!!!!!!!

The intersection where Bella Vista Mall is located usually floods.

Again, no picture posts by PICHARDO.

He's never here to take his own pictures.

Nov 25, 2008
Here are a couple of images from the Plaza International garage, aka "The Pond"

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A little more rain and we have a basement swimming pool!!! Nice shots Jorge...

HB

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Yesterday was lovely in Playa Grande and Playa La Entrada, not more than a few fluffy clouds to separate the ocean from the sky. Speaking of the sky, a small Cessna flew over very low to wag its wings at the crowd; the underside of the wings said "Llego Papa"!

I'm going to slather on some more ointment, grab a new bottle of rum and head down there again today. My daughter and her husband camp down there every year for nearly the whole week. What fun it must be to be young again!

Happy Easter Everyone!
(stay safe)