Spanish lessons

Debs82

Sep 9, 2011
Hi,Does anyone know any private teacher that could give me some spanish lessons as I need to improve my spanish quickly for my new job?Any help would be welcome.Thank you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Might help to know where you are located. There are programs on the Internet that will teach you for free if you dedicate a couple of hours a day to the task.

And there are teachers and then there are teachers. Make sure you get a good one.

HB

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Might help to know where you are located. There are programs on the Internet that will teach you for free if you dedicate a couple of hours a day to the task.

And there are teachers and then there are teachers. Make sure you get a good one.

HB

HB my wiseman- which of these internet programs do you recommend?

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
We are looking for someone in Cabarete. I know there are schools, but our schedule is not compatible.

Talked to one man who comes to one's residence which is my preference, and he doesn't have the overhead of a "school", so works for both of us. I though his hourly rate was high, especially for the DR, but might have been OK if he was as good as he claimed and for the convenience. However, he lost me as a potential customer when I said my husband might also want to join in.....because this teacher then said his rate would just about DOUBLE! His logic, two people means charge twice. My logic, one hour of his time is one hour of his time.....my husband and I each get some of it, but teacher isn't working any more that he would be with one of us.

So we are still looking for someone who's logic is similar to mine. Don't mind paying for quality, but I am not going to be gringoed.

Oct 28, 2011
I am an experienced Spanish teacher from Venezuela with an M.A. in Spanish. However, I now live in Jarabacoa...we can try Skype if you want. Classes are conversational and tailored to your individual requirements. Let me know if you need help!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Debs, I don't have a specific recommendation but you could try contacting the administration at the Punta Cana International, Heritage and B?varo Bilingual schools to ask if any of their teachers offer private Spanish lessons.

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
There's also the Pilotage Institute in Plaza Tres Center where Iberia not too far from Friusa going north. They give Spanish class and may have teachers that can do private lessons as well. Buena Suerte!