Activities for kids in Santo Domingo(updated with links)

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
So,after extensive research,from DR1 and other sources,we can finally make a compilation of links.

Until April 30th,en el jardin botanico Bosque Jurasico Dinosaurs Live

Right over the bridge to El Este Area Infantil

Arts and crafts Campamento de Verano- La Casita del Saber | Formacion.com.do

Carrefour,and conjunction with recrea park,have supposedly set up a jumping castle park in the front parking lot of the hypermercado,en el centro.Here's the link boys and girls Nuestros Hijos

Sixth floor of the new Blue mall:Funny Factory - Eduparque Infantil

The zoo has a new "restored"area infantil that includes a petting zoo and has reinforced security: zoodom.com
New "restored"green areas,also with security on sitehttp://www.nuestroshijos.com.do/app/articulo.aspx?id=4034
And least but not last,the mother of all parents website in DR(at least so far,I have no connections to this)
nuestroshijos.com.do which is where I found most of the links.Mods,please consider this for a sticky,as it's so hard to find activities for children in SD....we already have 24 hours in SD,but that's for grown ups,lol. I will come back with some pics and reports from most of these places at the end of april.Thank you for considering.

Juan

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Inside the Jumbo Supermarket complex on Luperon, all the way in the corner, is Happy Land. Unlimited rides for 600 pesos, or you can pay 60 pesos to enter and pay as you go.

Pony rides at the rear of la Feria Ganadera on the Malecon [near Presidente Factory]. 150 pesos for each 15 minutes

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Plaza Juan Baron on the malecon near the monument. Weekend evenings and Sundays are the best times to take kids. Kite flying, battery operated cars, trampoline, very small train ride, mini boat ride, pizza and ice cream.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

george1

Jan 2, 2011
Great thread, I appreciate it 100%.
We go often to the Water Fountan park on Mejia Ricart and Nunez de Caseres. It has a playground and there are always things to see and do. Plus it is very safe...lot's of cops around.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
At Diamond mall:

DIAMOND ACTIVIDADES
- Actividades super divertidas con Bonchecitos.
- Show de Titeres.
- Regalo de fotos con Doki y Elmo.
- Inflable PuppyLand.
- Inflable Castillo Aladino.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Bienvenido a Diamond Mall : 2009

Last edited:

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
EL agave restaurant.Yes,I know,it's a restaurant,actually it looks like a full lounge ,but as you walk in they have a nice set up in the middle with tables.Good Mexican food and great margaritas.The best part,while you guzzling your mojitos,let the kids play at the outside patio,enclosed by 7 foot colonial Mexican style walls(nicely decorated)The patio has full playground,including a trampoline with a safety net.Avenida Lopez de Vega,between Jose Amado Soler street and Carlos Sanchez street.maps

Antw22

May 15, 2013
Plaza Juan Baron on the malecon near the monument. Few days nights and Sundays are the best times to take kids. Kite traveling, battery power powered vehicles, playground equipment, very small train drive, small boat drive, pizzas and ice cream.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have been looking at this place for "Summer Camp" for my 2 daughters.
They have MANY activities all year long.
Check out their website.
"Nuestroshijos.com.do"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC