Happy Easter!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I hope all y'all have a Happy and Safe Easter Sunday.

Today is the birthday of Mirthalexandra, my 10 year old granddaughter. She is the older of the two little gals my son had. I know he would be so proud of her on a day like today. Resurrection...that is something I would like for him...

Oh well. It is a happy day here in the DR.

Do drive safely, be very aware of everything. Might be best to wait until late to drive back (or very early tomorrow morning) since the Police/Amet/Armed Forces will be blocking the highway at 80 kph....and that is frustrating...

Be well,

HB

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Happy Easter to you and yours!!

and a Happy Birthday to your granddaughter as well. Your son's legacy no doubt lives on in his children, a blessing indeed.

My thoughts and prayers are with you on this day of Resurrection......

S.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Backatcha Hillbilly, and a big Happy B-day to your granddaughter. Take comfort in knowing your son is smiling down on all of you and keeping you all safe.
God Bless you and your family

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
feliz semana de pascual! Happy Easter have a great time with the familia outdoors. Although I don't know you guys all that well, I still read the forums once in a while.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Question comes up every year. There are actually several different Pascuas in Spanish:

Pascua de la Resurecci?n o Pascua de los cristianos - Easter

Pascua de los hebreos o Pascua de los judios - Passover

Pascua de Navidad - Christmas

Pacua de Pentecostes - Pentecost (I have never heard this one in the DR, however) - I usually just hear "Pentecostes."