Question about visitor visa to the UK

JadeR86

Apr 8, 2012
Hi I am new to this site.

I married my dominican husband June last year and we are going to apply for his visitors visa next month when i am going back over to see him. I have seen a few prices of how much a visa will cost. So just wondering roughly how much you paid for the visa and did you use a lawyer?

Thanks

Jade

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Your visitor visa will depend on what length/term of Visa you want Short term 78quid up to 5 year 715quid as of lasy month. Lawyers charge anything between 400-1,500 Brit Pounds, but I don't see a need for them, I doubt they can provide much assistance that you can't if you yourself are British, if you are reasonably intelligent then you can put together your own application. Why if he is your husband are you applying for a visitor visa?

desh

Feb 20, 2011
Hi Jade
Remember if your doing a visitors visa he will still need money in his maybe ?1000 in hisbank account and you will have to prove he will go back to the dominican republic after his stay.Are you both living inthe dominican republic and going to the uk for a holiday or is he still living in dominican republic? I am also married to a dominican man and we are living here in dr and we apply for visitor visas to go to the uk with our son every year so if you need any advice pm me.Good luck