Fish Identification Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Did a lot of snorkeling in the low wind, small wave weekend. There was a fish that swam with Rosa and I, at the surface, for over an hour. I am trying to identify our tiny friend. He was about twice the size of a US quarter- a very small fish, similar to a Sergeant Major in form, but not color. The fish we saw was mostly silver, with a blue band running lengthwise, and Rosa thinks a yellow tail. I saw this fish also before swimming around floatsam. (large branch floating in the water) It was SO small that am thinking it could have been a juvenile fish.

What fish was this??

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

Sorry I can't identify the fish but I had the same experience while snorkeling. I thought maybe the fish was attracted to the reflection off the mask.

LTS

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Hey, A lot of the time the fish swam in front of Rosa's mask. But, I think this fish was swimming with us for protection, just like many smaller fish swim under kelp patties.

2 strikes now with WW. No, now 3 strikes due to WW 2 good, but slight erroneous guesses.

Hi:

Sorry I can't identify the fish but I had the same experience while snorkeling. I thought maybe the fish was attracted to the reflection off the mask.

LTS

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Sounds like a party, lets grab Derfish, Rosa, a few Familia frias and head to Playa Grande, we don't need no Attitude!
I will even bring my rod and reel and tackle box in case we need to catch some more a demfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.