Employer NOT making Insurance payments for Employees

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
A friend of our goes to the hospital and is informed his Humano Insurance has been suspended because his employer hasn't paid the Insurance bill. The employer when questioned said he'll deal with it when he can.
As the employer is legally bound to make the payments, what are the legal consequences should he continue not to pay the insurance on time - particularly if an employee has a serious expensive accident?

Regards...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"Lawyer up!!!

You need to document this. Get a report from the cl?nica that says that the insurance is no good and take it to a lawyer and go to court, forthwith. You have one hellava case!!! And the money will flow!! Lots of it. Judges hate these people.

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Not An Uncommon Occurance!
My best friend's brother-in-law was admitted to a SD hospital with "Dengue Fever".Five days ,and 50,000 pesos later he found out his employer was behind on the health insurance payments,NO INSURANCE!
My friend paid,the employer paid him back,to AVOID the law suit.Which may cost you more to "fight" than you have to gain.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Totally right, CCCCCCCCCC

The new rules are stinging people left and right.

You need the seguro, need to watch how many hours they work and include overtime.... lots of new and IMPORTANT things to comply with.

Send me over one of yours from that 'Full House' you have.......... I can reduce your overhead:cheeky:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NO PROBLEM!
PM your address,my wife will be on the "CaribeTours" bus by 3pm!
"No Deposit,and....."NO RETURN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you need to go to secretaria de trabajo to make a claim. thei believe they have people there who will work those type of cases. the law in DR always favours the employee.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you need to go to secretaria de trabajo to make a claim. thei believe they have people there who will work those type of cases. the law in DR always favours the employee.

Been there - done that.

Agree with you.

Also, if you have an employee who is not 'measuring up', you can go to the secretaria and file a 'falta' agianst that employee.
After 3 faltas........ fired w/ no recourse to you......no liquidation, nada.

Worth knowing

I could have done that, had I known.... saved 110,000 pesos for myself

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This is the DR.I can get any "Paperwork" you want!
"References", from anyone,about anything!
I once assisted a couple in the adoption of a Dominican baby girl.Everything was proceeding weel,until the "Law" regarding adoptions changed.The new law did not allow for adoption of children who had both parents living.The couple was devistated.I told them not to worry,I would have the father "Killed!"
"Oh No!" they said.I got them a "Legalized Death Certificate" for the father.
Adoption completed with no problems.

"What A Country!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I disagree.... I will be filing faltas from now on.... 3 strikes

Its the law......... I'm told it doesn't even see the court.... just fired... the secretaria says so:eek:gre:

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
I disagree.... I will be filing faltas from now on.... 3 strikes

Its the law......... I'm told it doesn't even see the court.... just fired... the secretaria says so:eek:gre:
Employee will enumerate suposed violations by the employer at a hearing. Board will sya both sides are at fault, but employer must pay. We file a falta for every absence, tardy, no-call/no-show and it makes no difference. The employee usually wins unless you have criminal activity on tape.
It may be the law, but it is THEIR LAW.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife has fired two teachers, both for absent without permission. All was recorded and registered with the labour secretariat. Employees were also given a copy of the falta. After the third time in less than a month - gone. No court, nothing. My wife paid them a partial severance plus christmas bonus, but she was not required to. Both teachers threaten court and Yris told them go ahead.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Employee will enumerate suposed violations by the employer at a hearing. Board will sya both sides are at fault, but employer must pay. We file a falta for every absence, tardy, no-call/no-show and it makes no difference. The employee usually wins unless you have criminal activity on tape.
It may be the law, but it is THEIR LAW.

I hope you're wrong.... every case is different
Sorry if you had as much trouble as I did

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Companies are getting smarter and doing it by the book these days. The courts are getting better and not handing out judgments in favor of the employee, when the companies have all the paperwork etc in order.

I would 100% retain a lawyer and take them to court if they have not been paying the required insurance payments.