orange is stealing your minutes

dom

Jun 1, 2011
i have 2 hours and 30 min every months

i have been running out of minutes every month without making many calls as i have another claro phone.

i called today and reported to orange, and the guy tried to cut me off, stating that someone must be using my minutes etc.

i hang up on the jackass, and called again, made a report with a more helpful guy, and belive it or not orange just send me 3 min and 20 seconds back !!!!!!!!

enough to proof that they actually ARE stealing my minutes and they just confessed.

now the second round of the fight will be to get the last 3 months of minutes back, be aware, these guys are assholes, they are taking minutes and they DO KNOW ABOUT IT, that is ORANGE DOMINICANA !!!!!!!!!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Ummm... that's nothing new. Sorry you had to go through that but there isn't one communications company in this country that doesn't shortchange(minute) its clients.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
Right....
Like tourist get their mobile internet invoice when home again.
Duuuh... I didn't know.

Check the "fingerprints" on your phone, "kids" might have been playing with it?
Just saying don't blame the first one you think of here !!

Until now I never had a problem with phones here. But I do see a lot of phones being used by all family members.
Mine stays in my pocket allways!!!!

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
i have 2 hours and 30 min every months

i have been running out of minutes every month without making many calls as i have another claro phone.

i called today and reported to orange, and the guy tried to cut me off, stating that someone must be using my minutes etc.

i hang up on the jackass, and called again, made a report with a more helpful guy, and belive it or not orange just send me 3 min and 20 seconds back !!!!!!!!

enough to proof that they actually ARE stealing my minutes and they just confessed.

now the second round of the fight will be to get the last 3 months of minutes back, be aware, these guys are assholes, they are taking minutes and they DO KNOW ABOUT IT, that is ORANGE DOMINICANA !!!!!!!!!

If it's true, just ask for a (sorry don't know the word for it) receipt where all the numbers you've called are stated on.

If you're on a contract, it won't be a problem for them to retrieve that inf.

From there you can go on with your problem, ain't no way you're going to sit here that you haven't used your phone for months and on top of that I can remember that in the period when they introduced contracts on phones, when ever you did not use your minutes you would lose them for the next month.

Now they're more flexible and you can use the minutes you haven't used in the next month. (This wasn't in the DR of course)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have 1200 pesos on my Orange phone. But because I haven't put in more pesos in 60 days, I can only receive calls. Until I reload.

Is there an RD$10 card?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Not only is the ORANGE company exceedingly stupid.. they are arrogant as well

i had an orange phone in LT when I first got here.. WATCHED them buy a phone over the counter from a guy who came in.. just as I was there to buy a new phone since mine had been stolen from my porch.. WONDER WHY?

then when I moved to SD, suddenly they dropped coverage to the area code in Western North Carolina where I had lived for the last 15 years and so had the bulk of my closest friends. Suddenly none of the numbers worked. Had to take a number and wait for about an hour. Then got a snippy woman who INSISTED that the area code for Asheville was the same as the one for Raleigh,, five hours away. Turned her console toward me, showed it to me. Sneered at me again.

French and Dominican.. Bad service with an Arrogant attitude.. not a good combination.

I had to PAY to cancel my service!!

which I did.. actually quite willingly

the French are really great at Restuarants.. and film, and son y lumiere, and architecture, and tv quiz shows and perfume

but.. business? not so much

dom

Jun 1, 2011
belive it or not, just got another 45 min credited back from orange, after i made another complain to pay me back the last 3 months of minutes.

45 min is not even close to what they have actually stolen, but it is getting there, will keep calling and reporting to get ALL OF IT BACK !!!!

dont let them screw you too, they just take the minutes off your balance, they steal it and now at the end they are even stupid enough to confess it by returning the minutes to me !!!!!!!!!!!!

facelessdoll

Oct 20, 2011
Ask for a list of the numbers, if not you can go to Indotel and file a complaint, I know two people that have filed complaints get credit back for all the unused (and charged) minutes.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Do minutes "roll over" in the DR with Orange or Claro if you have a contract?
Is it true that only the calling party is charged for minutes; the receiving party can have no minutes on their phone?

facelessdoll

Oct 20, 2011
Do minutes "roll over" in the DR with Orange or Claro if you have a contract?
Is it true that only the calling party is charged for minutes; the receiving party can have no minutes on their phone?

No rollover minutes with any company I think.

The second one is true, only the calling party gets charged. Even if you don't have any minutes left you can still receive (unless you haven't recharged and it gets fully disconnected), which is why a lot of people like to "beepear" (meaning ring once just enough for the caller ID to recognize, and hang up) so they don't waste their minutes.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
which is why a lot of people like to "beepear" (meaning ring once just enough for the caller ID to recognize, and hang up) so they don't waste their minutes.
My niece calls it a "touch" in English. I can see families or very close friends "managing" their minutes this way, but otherwise I think it's rude......?waste their minutes? how about my minutes? They wanted/needed to talk to me!

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
dom, looks like you are becoming a pain in the a$$ for them and they are just giving you minutes back to see if you go away.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
if by "roll over" you are asking if any unused minutes are carried into the next month, then
my minutes "roll over" with Claro and they did when I had my contract with Orange.

no way of telling how accurate it is.........or even if it "rolls over" into more than one month.