Where to buy MICHELIN ENERGY LX4 235/65/16 tires?

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Hi folks!
So its time to change tires and im looking for specific tires which are MICHELIN ENERGY LX4 235/65/16, i have Honda Odyssey Touring. Anyone has ideas where to look for them? I can go as far as to Santiago, but better not farther then PP.
Thanks!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They might be special order... try PriceSmart.

Isn't there a big tire dealer in POP?

Even if you find them in SDQ, they'll ship them to you by Caribe Tours

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Hi folks!
So its time to change tires and im looking for specific tires which are MICHELIN ENERGY LX4 235/65/16, i have Honda Odyssey Touring.

I know that MICHELIN ENERGY LX4's are OEM on the Odyssey, but why not buy summer (vs all- season) tires for the DR.

It is best not to run all-season/winter tires in the warm weather because the cooler season compound is softer, as it is made for lower temps, and thus will wear out more quickly. Save your $ and all-seasons for the winter. Additionally, you may realize 1-3 mpg better fuel efficiency/performance with summer rubber. My two cents...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would go to MAU on Bartolom? Col?n Avenue in Santiago (Manuel Arsenio Ure?a) and buy Hankook tires. They have always given me some of the best ever service in this country. And they are a lot less expensive than Michelins.

The Michelin dealer is METRO, yeah, the bus company people.

HB

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
I would go to MAU on Bartolom? Col?n Avenue in Santiago (Manuel Arsenio Ure?a) and buy Hankook tires. They have always given me some of the best ever service in this country. And they are a lot less expensive than Michelins. HB

JR, you can try Optimo H727, they are Hankooks- this model comes in your size. Even though they are "All-Season tires", this particular model has received excellent ratings and are priced competitively

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
The thing is my car was originally equipped with PAX system.... I dont think i can find those tires here and they are super expensive. I dont even know if i can put on regular tires without having issues in the future. This is my first car so im kinda new to all this car care world.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hankook ( or any other Asian company) are superior quality tires at competitive prices.

Go to Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels to get tire fittings and tire suggestions and go from there.
You can always ship into here by mudanza.

I cannot stress it enough to you.....
Let tire Rack do the work for you.

Just go to the site and enter your particulars... tires will be suggetsed to match EVERYTHING about your car.

Its not hard Ms Rabbit and you'll have options.

Then call AWILDA for delivery - or buy here.

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
The thing is my car was originally equipped with PAX system.... I dont think i can find those tires here and they are super expensive. I dont even know if i can put on regular tires without having issues in the future. This is my first car so im kinda new to all this car care world.

Are you saying your ody is STILL equipped with the proprietary PAX (run flat tires) and PAX rims system? It does NOT sound like it if you are shopping for MICHELIN ENERGY LX4's.

I cannot stress it enough to you.....
Let tire Rack do the work for you.

Just go to the site and enter your particulars... tires will be suggetsed to match EVERYTHING about your car.

Its not hard Ms Rabbit and you'll have options.

Then call AWILDA for delivery - or buy here.

IF you do have the PAX system your options are very limited and expensive, with or without "Tire Rack"- that system can not be serviced overseas (DR), i.e. flat tire... Honda and Michelin settled a class-action suit with most original owners. You can not install conventional tires on PAX rims.

Most owners opted to modify/convert to conventional tires and rims with their modest settlement, or "dump" the vehicle on unsuspecting buyers.

If you are sure you have the "PAX" system, my recommendation would be to buy a set of used 16" Honda aluminium rims (Ebay?), and tires locally in DR or from Tire Rack as mentioned by the previous posters.

Last edited:

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Tire Rack's recommendation:

"Your vehicle is equipped to use the Honda recommended Michelin PAX System. Tires and wheels for the Michelin PAX System are available exclusively through your Honda dealer."

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Tire Rack's recommendation:

"Your vehicle is equipped to use the Honda recommended Michelin PAX System. Tires and wheels for the Michelin PAX System are available exclusively through your Honda dealer."

There's an answer... good.

Honda dealer ships to mudanza, mudanza ships to Ms Rabbit, Ms Rabbit drives happily into the sunset.

Good work , Detective.

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
There's an answer... good.

Honda dealer ships to mudanza, mudanza ships to Ms Rabbit, Ms Rabbit drives happily into the sunset.

Good work , Detective.

I'm not a detective, expert, auto mechanic, nor do I work for Honda, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Here's a turn key "DePaxing" opinion- if needed:

1) Honda Odyssey DePAX Kits for Touring Models

2) "Honda dealer ships to Mudanza" and forwards to DR....

yours truly,

images

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Roads are so bad in DR that it is better to buy a used tire imported from Japan... Those are "like new" lol