Casa Marina Beach and Reef Resort.........

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Can anyone here post a map of the resort? Need to see where everything is located on the property, and I can`t seem to find one.

Much thanks in advance

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
You can also use google maps or trip adviser which is very good in information of what is in the area where you are staying. Have fun while you are here....

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
short walk to all nightlife, cabs and motos right outside, baseball across the street.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It is your basic 2.5/3 star dump, it is not luxury, but is really the only AI in Sosua, (currently). You get your money's worth here. You are really better off renting a condo and self catering and eating @ the many fine establishments in Sosua and supporting local restaurants.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I've stayed at Casa Marina. It's OK, not great. The food is fine, not great.

You might want to try the Wyndham Tangerine in Cabarete. I like it much better, and the beach is beautiful. They also give much better service there.

It's windy there, but I don't mind it.

mamgirl

Mar 25, 2012
There is a picture I found on the internet when researching the hotel, but I can't get it to attach. It won't let me browse to it on my computer. If you search under google images for Casa Marina Reef map it should show up. I stayed there in March and am going back in May.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
I agree with Tambo, 3 star tops, location is excellent, food buffet style is not gourmet but will sustain life. If the food is not to your liking there are plenty of good restuarants within a short walking distance. Drinks are not brand name but managed to get me tipsy most nights. Walk down a few steps and you're on the beach at Playa Alicia. Overall it's very good value for what you pay for it.
Mack.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I agree with Tambo, 3 star tops, location is excellent, food buffet style is not gourmet but will sustain life. If the food is not to your liking there are plenty of good restuarants within a short walking distance. Drinks are not brand name but managed to get me tipsy most nights. Walk down a few steps and you're on the beach at Playa Alicia. Overall it's very good value for what you pay for it.
Mack.

Please keep Playa Alicia our little secret, we don't want the public to show up there.
Me encanta con este Playa!

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
I know what you're saying Tambo, but since they built that park....
Mack.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
if you are first timers to sosua or the DR, Casa Marina will be fine. locals can be quite intimidating the first time and you can run back to the AI and hide.
AI's provide everything you need but they do not give you a taste of the local culture.

Dec 21, 2008
It is your basic 2.5/3 star dump, it is not luxury, but is really the only AI in Sosua, (currently). You get your money's worth here. You are really better off renting a condo and self catering and eating @ the many fine establishments in Sosua and supporting local restaurants.

I agree completely with Tamborista - I stayed there a few years ago for two weeks. It is definiately NOT a 3 or 4 star but maybe 2.5 at best. Food sucks in my humble opinion. Staff was ok. Booze was watered down...wine was crap , rooms were old but reasonably clean (I don't count the black mold in the bathroom and on the a/c and the fact that come hell or high water we couldn't get anyone to fix the toilet so Mr Silver Fox fixed it himself) but, like stated earlier, you get what you pay for. We spent more time away from the hotel than there as we couldn't stand the place. All in all we did have a wonderful vacation and really got to explore the area. Now I only suggest it as a location for people I don't really like...hehe.

I would suggest having your meals off resort - lots of great restaurants...rent a condo, do your own cooking...mingle with the locals.

Again, just my humble opinion.

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Can not go wrong with Casa Marina Reef/Beach, if you do not expect luxury. Great beach and nice environment with the town
Of Sosua right outside the main door. Tips for service go a long way. The drinks of liqour/beer are below average, so buy your
Own elsewhere...Beds are very comfortable in my experience. try it...

nordique

Apr 6, 2012
i was there last year ,this is my opinion ,if you only need a place to sleep at night ,have your room clean and breakfast in the morning this is the place the rest is depend on the person own taste.have a nice stay.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
It is ok but the food and bars are not 24 hours like some of the other AI. There are better options but this one has a good price