halo amigos.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Yo es nueva de site. Me es viajar republica dominicana tres tiempo. Yo es gusto mucho.

I have been reading up on the dominican republic.. I am planning on taking up residence in santo domingo. I work in the states but I don't really want to be there when I am done working. I expect to spend 3-4 months continuous each year with weekends every month. This is the plan anyway.

Anyway hi to all.

Ken

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Yo es nueva de site. Me es viajar republica dominicana tres tiempo. Yo es gusto mucho.

I have been reading up on the dominican republic.. I am planning on taking up residence in santo domingo. I work in the states but I don't really want to be there when I am done working. I expect to spend 3-4 months continuous each year with weekends every month. This is the plan anyway.

Anyway hi to all.

Ken

Hi Ken, do you fix dents?

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
I repair hail damaged cars all over the u.s. I have been doing that for 12 years. Door dings, minor creases. I don't paint or or do bondo. Its called paiintless dent repair.

Ps. If anybody has connections in the rental car industry it is worth at least 6 presedentes. :)

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Debes practicar tu espa?ol un poquito antes de llegar, creo yo.
Der Fish

Ether that or adopt the Dominican body language system, which might be easier to pick up.
Two people could have a hour conversation by pointing, making sounds, twitching your nose and pointing with your mouth... :)

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Debes practicar tu espa?ol un poquito antes de llegar, creo yo.
Der Fish
If a person visits the DR they understand very quickly learning Spanish is important if they want to function in DR. People are not dumb they do not need you to tell them this.

Also if you think he needs to practice his Spanish, why would you tell him this in Spanish it makes no sense. I can tell Spanish is not your native tongue, because a real Spanish speaker would never SHOW OFF the fact they speak Spanish.

One English speaker telling another English speaker to practice their Spanish, thats like a Mexican telling another Mexican" this Sushi you made for dinner is not very good"

BTW Let me tell you a little secret about Spanish speakers. If they are fluent in Spanish and English they would rather speak to you in English rather then Spanish even though you maybe fluent in Spanish this drives latinos CRAZY!!! because the accents are off and the slang. Latin people have to really pay attention because the Spanish being spoken to them is SUPER DUPER formal Spanish and no latino speaks that way.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Considering I didn't speak any spanish at all 2 months ago and the only practive I have had is my three visits, I think I will get along just fine.

You Spanish is FINE!!! Learning Spanish is like riding a bike do not get discouraged, because other kids have been riding their bikes longer. Buena Suerte!!!!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If a person visits the DR they understand very quickly learning Spanish is important if they want to function in DR. People are not dumb they do not need you to tell them this.

Also if you think he needs to practice his Spanish, why would you tell him this in Spanish it makes no sense. I can tell Spanish is not your native tongue, because a real Spanish speaker would never SHOW OFF the fact they speak Spanish.

One English speaker telling another English speaker to practice their Spanish, thats like a Mexican telling another Mexican" this Sushi you made for dinner is not very good"

BTW Let me tell you a little secret about Spanish speakers. If they are fluent in Spanish and English they would rather speak to you in English rather then Spanish even though you maybe fluent in Spanish this drives latinos CRAZY!!! because the accents are off and the slang. Latin people have to really pay attention because the Spanish being spoken to them is SUPER DUPER formal Spanish and no latino speaks that way.

Ay por dios, don't get your panties in a twist. Derfish tiene raz?n en que le convendr?a aprender espa?ol si quiere mudarse aqui, especially if he plans on working in this type of business. By Ken's answer, I think you took it more personally than he did.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Ay por dios, don't get your panties in a twist. Derfish tiene raz?n en que le convendr?a aprender espa?ol si quiere mudarse aqui, especially if he plans on working in this type of business. By Ken's answer, I think you took it more personally than he did.

This is what I mean I speak English WHY are you talking to me in Spanish when English is your native tongue? I did not take it pesonally I would really like to know. Do you still need to practice? Tell me so I can tell my daughter's family because they do not understand when they are selling food in the streets people talk to them in Spanish when they are FLUENT in English.

AYUDAME Senora!!!

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
What is really interesting to me is how often two spanish speaking people will have to ask one another to repeat themselves because nosotros no entiendo. Anyway I failed spanish 4 times in college!! I really am not looking to work in the dominican republic. I just want to screw off. However I will investigate what biz oppurtunities are there and if I can figure a way to pick up some extra cash that would be great. If not, mas tiempo de bebe de cerveza.

Thanx for the warm welcome.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
This is what I mean I speak English WHY are you talking to me in Spanish when English is your native tongue? I did not take it pesonally I would really like to know. Do you still need to practice? Tell me so I can tell my daughter's family because they do not understand when they are selling food in the streets people talk to them in Spanish when they are FLUENT in English.

AYUDAME Senora!!!

I was just doing it because I knew it would **** you off. French is actually my native tongue, would you prefer I write in that language?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
What is really interesting to me is how often two spanish speaking people will have to ask one another to repeat themselves because nosotros no entiendo. Anyway I failed spanish 4 times in college!! I really am not looking to work in the dominican republic. I just want to screw off. However I will investigate what biz oppurtunities are there and if I can figure a way to pick up some extra cash that would be great. If not, mas tiempo de bebe de cerveza.

Thanx for the warm welcome.

Enjoy the DR! Oh and don't pay attention to the sissy fights that go on on this site... ;) They'll drive you nuts.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I was just doing it because I knew it would **** you off. French is actually my native tongue, would you prefer I write in that language?

The reason why it bothers me, 99% of the English speakers that buy food from my daughter abuelita ask her right off the back" tu hablas ingles" Do you know insulting this is? I don't think you ever will.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The reason why it bothers me, 99% of the English speakers that buy food from my daughter abuelita ask her right off the back" tu hablas ingles" Do you know insulting this is? I don't think you ever will.

Do you tweeze your eyebrows?

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Wow. I speak very fluent english, however I have a translator that will translate any language to english and english to any language, written or spoken. But since this is an english speaking forum I will try to refrain from using spanish here. Anyway y'all have a great day. Time to fix the dents. ;)

Ken

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Do you tweeze your eyebrows?

You are RIGHT I shouldn't assume some people will understand this I was wrong. My apologies. Oh wait" Lo siento por todo y yo tengo que trabajar ahora Que pase un buen dia"

KateP you sound ridiculous saying " Ay por dios"

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Celt",I think he needs to tweeze his "A-Hole".
I think he hair a "Hair Up There",or maybe "across his A$$"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
"Dent" man,I thought you were a "Dentist" when I saw your "Name".
No hail here,at least not often enough to make repair a business.
Car body repair here is a low tech business.They do it on the street,for very few "PESOS"!(JMB733,THAT means "MONEY"! in "Dumbinican"),.and,I HOPE it offends you!(Do U Speko Espango?")
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Street vendors who speak "English",now there is how to tke advantage of learning a foreign language!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC,or in Espanish,"SISISISISISISISISISISI

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Are NOT,"Derfish",You Are "DaMan"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the "GOOD WORK" on DR1!
Keeping it safe for "La Intelegencia"!,,"You.Me.Kate,Celt" and a few more,"Chosen Few"!
SiSiSiSiSiSiSiSiSiSiSi,I give up,CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC LOOK,I'm "BI",lengual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: