Travel from POP to PC

Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

Any one has an approximate idea how long it takes from POP to Punta Cana knowing to reach the airport there around noon...

With times of buses and so on...

Thanks in advance

T.E.

Jan 22, 2010
Thanks ...That I was thinking too, but it is way too long and then a 9 hour flight afterwards evetually l
will have to stick with SD
T.E.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
You've got the stretch that goes through Parque Nacional Los Haitises.
I would drive thru el cibao and make a pitstop in the great city of Santiago. Yes, there are mountains after Nagua and the national park

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Good I think - I have flown with them before Las Terrenas to SD.

Saves the long road trip and gives perhaps I day extra holiday.....

pi2.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Fish,
Driven through there dozens of times. Can't call them mountains, more like bumps, nothing like the Great Smoky Mountains.
R

The trip is in 3 almost equal segments. Turning south from Nagua one soon comes to the toll Rd. One can pretend they are in Tennessee for the next couple of hours. High hills on both sides deep cuts well made thru the mountains beautiful scenery etc... The headless coconut palms will let you know you aren't in TN though.
Der Fish

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Fish,
Driven through there dozens of times. Can't call them mountains, more like bumps, nothing like the Great Smoky Mountains.
R

Hey, I will always trade the great Cibao mountains for your smoky mountains.

Can you enjoy a frosty ice cold presidente on your smoky mountain road trip? lol

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A drive from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana is just as enjoyable as a trip from Buffalo, NY to California.
In other words, do not do it unless you like boring drives.