My experience with ordering from Ikea

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
A friend asked me to order some items from Ikea for her. This will be easy I thought.

1. Check items on website (she has given me name and number). Number search does not work so need to put in name and then find the one with the number. Eventually have all items added to list. Try to save list, but in order to save you have to email it to yourself along with all personal details, so didn?t bother. Just saved page to favourites.
2. Next day, Monday, pull up page from favourites. All items gone so start again. Once have all items in front of me, call Ikea on 1809 number. Number does not exist. Call again without the 1 and phone rings, tells me transferring me to a representative, then tells me message box full and call again later.
3. Call again five times more, same thing.
4. Decide to order on line. Send items to shopping basket, fill in form, press send. Tells me system not working and try later. Email arrives saying thanks for shopping with Ikea and sends me a hug. Not sure if ordered or not as no confirmation and haven?t paid. Try and phone. Message box full and please try later.
5. Decide to chat on line to helpful representative. Type Hola. Nothing. Type Hola again. Nothing. Wait 10 minutes and type Hola again. Hooray someone writes back asking if they can help me.
6. Ask how I can make a purchase. Told to send her (Anabel) the list and she will check availability. On the list function you can send to a friend so I send it to the Ikea email address she gives me.
7. Email bounces back ? email not recognized.
8. Tell Anabel the problem. She says save list by sending it to me and then send it to her. Try that. I receive my email with the list, forward to her. Anabel says she has the email but no list attached.
9. My computer has blocked list. Unblock and send to Anabel. Hooray all goods in stock.
10. Have had to put delivery address on list but Anabel tells me to mail her all my details, cedular, address and two phone numbers. Do that and Anabel gets them.
11. Anabel asks me how I want to pay. Banco Popular debit card I say. No says Anabel they don?t take that. Even though site says they take all main bank debit cards. Bank transfer I ask? Yes says Anabel and emails me an account number and name that is nothing like Ikea.
12. Do bank transfer. Anabel says money not in account. Five minutes later it is there hooray.
13. I ask for receipt. Anabel says receipt in box with goods and sends me order. Address is wrong. Says Puerto Plata and not Sosua, and street address wrong.
14. Email Anabel. No reply. She has said that delivery 24 to 72 hours.
15. Tuesday am 9.30. Ikea calls delivery address, say will deliver between 4 and 5. Deliver at 4.30 all fine.

Great delivery time ? 24 hours, Anabel very nice, but serious work needs doing on the website. If anyone wants to order use the chat system ? after 10 in the morning and not over lunchtime! Oh and has to be in Spanish as Anabel doesn't speak any English but would like to learn!
Matilda

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
sure hope your friend appreciates all the time you spent trying to order!

Manu

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Just gotta laugh

or you would cry. Great post!

I must have acclimated somewhat, cause nothing you said surprised me at all.

Not good or bad....it just is the reality of the DR.