Need Transportation from Santiago Airport to Lifestyles Resort in Puerto Plata

kathawki

Apr 11, 2012
My husband and I will be flying into Santiago airport and needing transportation to our hotel (Lifestyles Resort) in Puerto Plata. What are the different travel options, and how much do they cost? I've read a little about the shuttle companies, but with cab fair to and from the bus depots is it much cheaper than just taking a cab directly to the hotel? How much would cab fair be directly to the hotel? Does anyone have any connections with good cab drivers?

Thanks for your help! :)

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
It will depend on the time of day or night you travel.
Buses only help you from 0600-1900. If it is daytime, then Taxi to Bus then Taxi to hotel which can be about $50 or less.
If you are on Spirit it is Taxi time.
My Bro Elias is excellent, speaks English, newer minivan. $100 USD 809-842-5557

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
As RV said, it depends upon your arrival time. I have sent my taxi driver to Santiago (I am in Puerto Plata) to pick up people who were part of a medical/dental group doing free clinics and the cost was $2200 pesos (a bit less than $57 US at the current rate of exchange.

If you are arriving during the day, that is what a local Puerto Plata taxi would charge to pick you up from the Santiago airport and bring you to Lifestyles.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The problem is that a tourist isn't going to get a local taxi pick up. The Airport Taxi mafia won't have it.

kathawki

Apr 11, 2012
Puerto Plata Taxi

As RV said, it depends upon your arrival time. I have sent my taxi driver to Santiago (I am in Puerto Plata) to pick up people who were part of a medical/dental group doing free clinics and the cost was $2200 pesos (a bit less than $57 US at the current rate of exchange.

If you are arriving during the day, that is what a local Puerto Plata taxi would charge to pick you up from the Santiago airport and bring you to Lifestyles.

How would I go about getting a taxi from Puerto Plata so I don't have to pay the airport taxi rates? It would be great if I could contact someone ahead of time so someone could meet us at the airport.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Doesn't Lifestyles offer a pickup from the Metro bus in POP to their hotel, should be free.......

B in Santiago

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
The problem is that a tourist isn't going to get a local taxi pick up. The Airport Taxi mafia won't have it.

I have had pickups done at least three times since February. The airport mafia cannot prevent a previously arranged taxi from doing a pickup.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
You could hire a driver or rent a car. Its going to be around $100usd unless you go with a tour bus, I think its like 300 pesos each.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I have had pickups done at least three times since February. The airport mafia cannot prevent a previously arranged taxi from doing a pickup.

Also, a regular taxi can park and remove their taxi light. No one will know that you are a taxi lol

kathawki

Apr 11, 2012
Taxi Contact

Do you have someone you could recommend? Could you send me their contact information?

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Do you have someone you could recommend? Could you send me their contact information?

My driver will pick up during daylight hours. If your arrival is before 5 PM, I can send you his cell phone number. He speaks English.

kathawki

Apr 11, 2012
My driver will pick up during daylight hours. If your arrival is before 5 PM, I can send you his cell phone number. He speaks English.

Our flight arrives at 11:20 AM. His contact info would be great. Can you give me your name so I can tell him who told me to call him? Thanks so much for your help!

douknow

May 25, 2012
Hi, do you still have the driver's information? I am flying in on Saturday and need a ride.

dctravel

Jun 7, 2012
Hello,
I will be traveling to DR and staying at Lifestyles as well between 11/20 and 11/25. I will be flying in into STI as well. Can I get information about taxi service that can be pre-arranged and price quotes? It will be two passengers.
Thank you!

Antonia Cantillo

May 30, 2012
I would like to arrange a pick up at Santiago Airport stopping at POP Airport to pick up another person and finally going to Cabarete.

travelbear

May 8, 2012
My wife and I flew into Santiago in May and took a taxi to Sosua. It was a 100 US and we had no problem getting a driver who spoke some english at the airport.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I would like to arrange a pick up at Santiago Airport stopping at POP Airport to pick up another person and finally going to Cabarete.

I recommend Johan, PM me for his contact. He is highly endorsed by several long time members here including his mentor JJ aka Bachata on dr1.

michellee60563

Feb 3, 2010
I've come into Santiago in the late evening... I was upposed to rent a car but the flight was late... had to do an "amazing race" to find a ride to lifestyles.... I gave the driver of the shuttle $75 and he was quite happy to do it. but if renting a car is an option for you, it's an easy ride during the day.

sara9768

Oct 11, 2012
need driver from santiago to lifestyles resort

Do you think you could send me you driver's number so I can prearrange my trip? Is your driver located in Puerta Plata or in Santiago? Thank you.