Conflicting Information

Jimmy the key

Apr 11, 2012
Help, please. Colombian resident looking to vacation in DR for 7 days. Can I go to the DR with my passport only? I was told I could, and then pay for a tourist card at immigration, this info came from the state department, yet every website, including this one, says I need a Visa in advance. Tickets are already purchased for travel next week based on what I was told, now I am not so sure, and extremely worried that my trip wont happen.

thank you for taking the time to reply. Please don't copy and paste something from a website, believe me I have been on them all. I need real info from someone who knows for sure. many thanks.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
do what the Dominican consulate website says. Most countries just pay the $10 for the tourist card. If they say visa then you need a visa. I don't know about Colombian policy re: visa.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I don't know for sure but was talking to a friend from Colombia a few months ago and according to her, colombian citizens *used* to be able to go to DR without a visa but that had changed and now they have to get a visa.