Bike 600cc

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi anyone knows where to buy second hand motorbike around 600 cc such as yamaha 600 XT, suzuki 600 dr, honda 600 Transalp... These kinds of bikes in good shape and reliable... :)

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Tanxxxxx I know that website but not many adds... I'm actually wondering if there 's some kinds of dealers where to find thoses kinds of bikes
:)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Tanxxxxx I know that website but not many adds... I'm actually wondering if there 's some kinds of dealers where to find thoses kinds of bikes
:)
Bikes over 125cc represent not even 1% of motorcycles here. They are the domain of the wealthy. And you can expect to pay 60-70% MORE for the same bike here.

Additionally, there are few real technicians for big bikes, and fewer who have diagnostic tools. Parts are non-existant.

If you own a big bike here, you need to do your own wrenching, maintenance and parts sourcing.

Butler Racing in Santo Domingo may have an occasional used sport bike for sale, but that's about it...

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi cobraboy, yes thats what I thought as well. And the reason why I wanted to bring mine while moving to DR, we already talked about it. I am no good at maintainance, so I guess your advice is to stay with 125... :)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Where are you located?

Here in Sosua, there is a Honda/TM Dealership called "Cross Masters," or something to that effect. it's also known as Richard's Honda Dealership. He has some 450's for sale. but he also has one of the most exotic, sought after supermotosin Europe. its a "TM 530." It's 530cc. it will spank any single cyclinder 650 hands down. period. nothing can remotely touch it. just the 320mm front Brembo brakes alone costs something $3000 or $4000 if you had to buy the whole set-up--brake caliper, disc, steel braided brake lines, etc. one finger will stop the bike and bring the rear end up. the wheels are made"In-House" machined out of a solid blockof aluminum at the Italian TM factory. TM has won most of the Class 1 (S-1) Supermoto championships.

anyway, it's got a matching price to meet the exoticness: $14,000. But it's the only 530cc TM in the Caribbean. and he's the onky "Licensed" TM dealership in the caribbean as far as i know.

PS. I've test ridden it.i'm th eonly one that has ridden it. it willlift the front tire in all 5 gears effortlessly.

FRank

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where are you located?

Here in Sosua, there is a Honda/TM Dealership called "Cross Masters," or something to that effect. it's also known as Richard's Honda Dealership. He has some 450's for sale. but he also has one of the most exotic, sought after supermotosin Europe. its a "TM 530." It's 530cc. it will spank any single cyclinder 650 hands down. period. nothing can remotely touch it. just the 320mm front Brembo brakes alone costs something $3000 or $4000 if you had to buy the whole set-up--brake caliper, disc, steel braided brake lines, etc. one finger will stop the bike and bring the rear end up. the wheels are made"In-House" machined out of a solid blockof aluminum at the Italian TM factory. TM has won most of the Class 1 (S-1) Supermoto championships.

anyway, it's got a matching price to meet the exoticness: $14,000. But it's the only 530cc TM in the Caribbean. and he's the onky "Licensed" TM dealership in the caribbean as far as i know.

PS. I've test ridden it.i'm th eonly one that has ridden it. it willlift the front tire in all 5 gears effortlessly.

FRank

With an MSRP of $9,000 US, would it not be less expensive to import one than to pay $14,000 here?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
With an MSRP of $9,000 US, would it not be less expensive to import one than to pay $14,000 here?

No, becuase, after you pay the Aduana (customs) takes here, plus shipping, first time registration (License Plate), plus all the paper work, i think, although Cobraboy knows more, it will run you more than $14,000.

The dealership has already done all that work. here you can just pay the price and drive right home in 30 minutes or less. The headaches you save is immense.:cheeky:
Frank

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
No, becuase, after you pay the Aduana (customs) takes here, plus shipping, first time registration (License Plate), plus all the paper work, i think, although Cobraboy knows more, it will run you more than $14,000.

The dealership has already done all that work. here you can just pay the price and drive right home in 30 minutes or less. The headaches you save is immense.:cheeky:
Frank
Correct.

Getting a vehicle through aduanas is an exercise in frustration. Just pay a dealer and be done, you'll not spend any more $$$.

It's the way of the Third World.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
There used to be a shop that rented Harleys in Sosua. On the main road on the left just past the center of town. I think they may have other large bikes for rent also if they are still in business.