Bank Account with Banco Popular

Debs82

Sep 9, 2011
Does anyone know what documents I need to open a bank account with Banco Popular?I need one with them asap to get my salary paid into it.Thank you

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I'm pretty sure all you need is your passport and some work letter as reference.

From their website:

Requisitos de apertura de cuenta:

Formulario de solicitud debidamente completado.
Copia de la C?dula de Identidad y Electoral
Referencia laboral
Realizar dep?sito m?nimo de apertura Ver tarifas.
Completar la declaraci?n de cliente sobre el Convenio de Productos y Servicios.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
You might also need some references from customers of the bank. You can use Edenorte, Claro, Orange, DeLancer, etc... as reference as well, if you have a contract with them.

Minimum deposit is 500 rds, if I remember correctly.

BelgianK

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If the money is coming as pay you only need your Passport and some information that your employer gives you. In fact you need not deposit anything in the account when you open it.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Things have probably changed since I opened an account 2+ years ago but in my experience the requirements not only differed from one bank to another but even within different branches of the same bank.

I would suggest inquiring from the specific branch you intend to open the account in.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
You should be fine with the above, and BP specifically requires (or did) a document from another bank stating that you have an account there and for how long....balance or other info not necessary.

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
You only need passport and they do a check on a acct. You have at a bank as in my case chase in usa 2 days latter and 1000dop i had a acct. With them

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
i went to banco popular in boca chica.i was tryin to put my name on my wife's account.
i need passport,a letter from my bank in good standing,a letter from my credit card in good standing,a letter from a utility in good standing,3 dominican references,and 500 pesos.then a 1 month wait.
its been 6 yrs and i still havent done it.
what bank will let me do it with just a passport? i heard banco leon?
i myself would like to know?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
If this is a payroll cash card account all you need is a passport. Deal with the representitive at the bank who handles your employers account. Your employer will act as your reference. Payroll direct deposit accounts are easy to open as bank knows funds deposited are good.