Used Inverter Batteries

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I know of a very nice, but modest income family in Santiago with a newborn whose inverter batteries have just died. They can't afford new ones right now. They live in an area of bad power.

Does anyone know of 2 or 4 decent, but used inverter batteries that could be for sale in/near Santiago? I'll buy them to help these folks out...

PM is fine...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Thanks for the responses, the story ends well...:classic:

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
dude, u really dont want to buy used batteries no matter what condition there in.get the trojan t-105's new.they last a hell of a long time and u can find them for $120 bucks.i seen them at ole and other stores around boca chica and andreas for more $.
if one battery is bad they all will be bad! unless u have the tester kit and can tell what type of charge they still hold,good luck!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
dude, u really dont want to buy used batteries no matter what condition there in.get the trojan t-105's new.they last a hell of a long time and u can find them for $120 bucks.i seen them at ole and other stores around boca chica and andreas for more $.
if one battery is bad they all will be bad! unless u have the tester kit and can tell what type of charge they still hold,good luck!
I have a tester and can also test for specific gravity. I found some two-year old Trojan reds that maintain 6.1v after a long rest. Another DR1 poster has more when he comes down mid-May.

This is just an interim step until they get back on their financial feet post-baby. New ones are out of the question right now.