Finally, a cruise ship originating from santo domingo

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
IT'S ABOUT TIME......:classic::classic::classic:

MSC Cruises is having a 7 night cruise originating in Santo Domingo on Wednesday December 19 thru Wednesday December 26. The name of the ship is the "LIRICA" and the starting price is $629. U.S per person.
You will actually be on the ocean liner Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

Itinerary as follows......

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 Depart from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thursday, December 20, 2012 La Romana, Dominican Republic
Friday, December 21, 2012 Philipsburg, Netherlands Antilles
Saturday, December 22, 2012 Fort De France, Martinique
Sunday, December 23, 2012 Pointe-a-pitre, Guadeloupe
Monday, December 24, 2012 St John S, Antigua And Barbuda
Tuesday, December 25, 2012 Road Town, Virgin Islands
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 Arrive at Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

I haven't posted the travel agency's contact info because that would be construed as advertising.
PM me if desired....

B in Santiago

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You just stay on board.... no need for a visa if you don't "land".

I expect (hope) the cruise line factored that in... the visa deal

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Here is the fine print requiring pasenger to obtain all necessary visas

12. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS The Passenger shall comply with any governmental travel requirements, laws or regulations for all ports of call on the Cruise Ship's itinerary for both Immigration, Customs and Vessel Security purposes. All Passengers must present for inspection the Ticket and Contract, a valid Passport and any visa, entry or exit permit, required by any port on the Cruise Ship's itinerary. Passenger is responsible for checking with the embassy or consulate for every country to be visited on the planned itinerary to determine what visas or other travel documentation are necessary. The Company reserves the right to deny boarding to any Passenger who lacks the necessary proof of citizenship or other required travel documentation valid for the entire duration of the scheduled voyage. Guest who fail to have the required documents will be denied boarding and such guests shall not be entitled to any refund nor shall MSC Cruises have any further liability to such guests. For your safety and convenience, Passengers are advised to check with the U.S. Department of State or their local government to review any travel advisories which may have been issued for any ports on the cruise itinerary.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
You just stay on board.... no need for a visa if you don't "land".

I expect (hope) the cruise line factored that in... the visa deal
Doesn't work like that on a cruise. Ships purser holds all passports. Immigration comes on board and clears all the passengers documents in pursars office. No immigration to pass on the dock usually, other than a possible check for contraband. The cruise ship won't let you sail unless you have documentation for ALL ports of call.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
And with that itinerary you should not need a USA visa.
Lots of "Sankys" & "Sankyettes" can have a nice trip!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

When shall we start interviewing prospective travel partners, CCCCCCCC?

British need not apply...

Might be a good idea to have somebody prescreen the crush of applicants......

Perhaps dv8 and SKing can lend a hand?
We'll need impartial advice.....

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Has anyone yet determined whether visas will be required for Dominican travellers?

That's what we are discussing. US, Canadian and British can travel to all these destinations without visas. Dominicans require visas. Some initially thought this would be a way to vacation with their Dominican consorts. It ain't going to work.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm sure all those places have "Local" that will help you,"Take a LOAD Off" for a price.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
EXCEPT,St Thomas was the only place in the world I went without getting laid!
I refused to have sex with girls that were bigger,and uglier than I was!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Be careful with visa issues, my father's girlfriend (Dominican) was told she did not need a visa, but then was not let on the ship when it came time to boarding. No money was refunded. This was a different cruise line I think.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
ok, question and comments.--does the 629 fare include the 16 0/0 tax that you have to pay on tickets purchased here in the DR? are port charges/fees also included?
road town is in the british virgin islandw
pursor does not, repeat, does not hold passports
i live here in the DR and am married to a dominican and have a step daughter and we have taken 3 cruises in the last year to the following places--barbados, st lucia, st kitts, st maarten, mexico, belize, honduras, cayman islands and jamaica and no visa was needed by my wife/ daughter. CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS WERE EXEMPT.

I have taken a lot of cruises and for the first time last year they hold my passport well they hold all passengers passports. It was a South America cruise from Chili, Uruguay and Argentine.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
ok, question and comments.--does the 629 fare include the 16 0/0 tax that you have to pay on tickets purchased here in the DR? are port charges/fees also included?
road town is in the british virgin islandw
pursor does not, repeat, does not hold passports
i live here in the DR and am married to a dominican and have a step daughter and we have taken 3 cruises in the last year to the following places--barbados, st lucia, st kitts, st maarten, mexico, belize, honduras, cayman islands and jamaica and no visa was needed by my wife/ daughter. CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS WERE EXEMPT.

Don't have the answers on the taxes and port charges,
The agency handling this is Taveras Travel...809-581-9414...ext. 333,344,356
I don't think this will fall in the framework of advertising for them, as this is not my intention...
I was hoping this was to be a cruise that locals could enjoy without all the Visa crap.
Could you please inform everyone of the cruise you took where a Visa was not necessary,
I've been looking with no luck......

B in Santiago

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
How many passengers will jump ship in these ports?

Philipsburg, Netherlands Antilles
Fort De France, Martinique
Pointe-a-pitre, Guadeloupe
St John S, Antigua And Barbuda
Road Town, British Virgin Islands

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
How many passengers will jump ship in these ports?

Philipsburg, Netherlands Antilles
Fort De France, Martinique
Pointe-a-pitre, Guadeloupe
St John S, Antigua And Barbuda
Road Town, British Virgin Islands

Yola with a midnight buffet.