Mi Historia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraiso

Apr 16, 2012
Hola Todos !
So I'll give you guys my story.

So I've been to the Dominican 4 times already, met my boyfriend the 2nd time I was there. We're both very young (18 & 23) and we've been together for the past 1 year and 4 months. After the first time we met, we'd text each other every day, and gradually that led to phone calls, and then I guess we really started liking eachother. But we never knew when we would be able to see eachother again (because the both of us were and still are so young and it's not as if we could take vacations every few months like some other older couples on this forum do). Anyways, in that time, my boyfriend quit his typical waiter job (3 months after meeting me) and went to Santo Domingo to study English. After waiting 1 entire year, we finally got to see eachother again when I went back for my 3rd family vacation (had to do some sneaking around because my parents didn't know about the relationship lol) but all in all, it was so nice to finally be together with him again. Anyways, we're still together, still going strong, still calling eachother everyday, texting, all the usual stuff couples do, just that we can't physically be there for eachother for the obvious reason that we're too far away, but nevertheless the both of us couldn't be happier with anyone else :)

Let me know what you guys think.

Mar 1, 2009
I think it's nice that you found love. I also don't think you should care what nobody on this site thinks. It ain't nobody's business who you with but yours. None of these people are paying your bills. They dont matter, enjoy your man girl.

Paraiso

Apr 16, 2012
Thanks Lando calrisian !
By any chance would you be interested in sharing your story with me ? :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Besides the fact that we all think you are an idiot? Not much to say.

This guy is not for you or you would have taken him to see your parents. He is a guy who is using you to get ahead.
While this hurts, it is true. He has you and two or three or four others. Besides that you live in a first world country and he is an uneducated, under or non-employed person with little to no education. What are you going to talk about? I mean after the sex is over??? Come on, wake up please.

Have your fun, use protection, but do not ever think that this will go beyond sex in the tropics....

You want to meet a mate for life: Go to Unibe University or PUCMM university campus or APEC University or INTEC university and cruise the cafeterias...you will be met by dozens of English speaking, educated persons with a future. These are the kids whose parents own the hotels where you stay...

Harsh? Yeah. Real? Yup!!

HB

Paraiso

Apr 16, 2012
LOL buddy ! aha funny you say that, we haven't and are NOT planning to have sex anytime soon and we've been together for nearly a year and a half. And might I add the fact that he IS studying AND employed. He now works as a receptionist at a law firm AND he's studying in university at UNICARIBE in Santo Domingo.

Well what more should I have expected? Clearly nothing more than the words of a TRUE Hillbilly :)
Thanks for your interest ;)

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Ironic that you are getting very defensive. In your original post you saying "we have been together..."
You are not together and won't be. You are a long distance infatuation where you have nothing to gain other than a stiff one.
He has much to gain and will play it as such. You are not "together", you are a puppet and he the string!

What happened to that sankie pankie song? She needs to sign it.

LOL buddy ! aha funny you say that, we haven't and are NOT planning to have sex anytime soon and we've been together for nearly a year and a half. And might I add the fact that he IS studying AND employed. He now works as a receptionist at a law firm AND he's studying in university at UNICARIBE in Santo Domingo.

Well what more should I have expected? Clearly nothing more than the words of a TRUE Hillbilly :)

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

A 23 yr old waited a WHOLE year and still did not have sex with you. At that age guys think about sex in the morning, in the afternoon, and at night MAINLY at night. You must be a very special woman.

Paraiso

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah and I think about it every 10 seconds.... what's your point?
It's just both of us have decided to wait ....

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

If the two of you were in the state of Utah maybe I can believe this, but Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Hmmmm!!!! I going to say NO!!!

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
A few thoughts:

He may be waiting to have sex with you, but he's having it with someone.

If you aren't having sex, why couldn't you tell your parents?

You aren't with someone until you you see each other every day on a consistant basis.

Love is great, no harm in dating while you are young. Be careful, get your education, and let him get his.
You've got lots of time.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
1, 2, 3 .....

A 23 yr old waited a WHOLE year and still did not have sex with you. At that age guys think about sex in the morning, in the afternoon, and at night MAINLY at night.

The "receptionist" does not need her for sex, he has probably got a wife (yes, his cedula says "soltero"...), a few 'novias' on the side and children "en la calle".
However, to keep all those happy, he needs a milk cow, or two, or three... :classic:
Bingo.

donP

Feb 7, 2007
He's working as a receptionist? Wow in a macho country like the DR? It's a first for me hearing about a male receptionist.

Haha F.R. I have seen many, small hotels, regular midsized hotels, big resorts...in all I can find MANY male receptionists... just a few days ago..La Romana, Vista Rio or something like that hotel, I was asking for some directions, YES male receptionist. I also recall male receptionists in SD in Melia, Hilton, Quinto Centenario, Napolitano, ... plus an acquaintance I had working the counter in Excel Club in Fiesta Hotel in SD... he was a Colombian from a Rich Colombian family studying tourism in the DR and doing his internships.... so YES male receptionists are all over in the DR

anyway...sorry for hijacking this thread...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

As a Catholic and a father of three girls I agree it's best to wait.

People will give you a hard time because a lot of young men in the resort areas make a living out of swindling unsuspecting foreigners and breaking their hearts, bank account and giving them STD.

Your case is very different in that you have decided to build a real, old fashioned relationship - which is good.

With regard to your boyfriend studying, that is also a good thing. Finally, here in the DR girls from good families are supposed to be virgins when they get married so this won't appear odd to your friend. When you guys are ready I recommend getting married in a church. For that matter, visit it frequently to keep your marriage strong. Oh yeah, have lots of kids, they are great!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
18 and 23 and you are not having sex? wtf is wrong with you, people?!
truly, the youth is wasted on the young...

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Haha F.R. I have seen many, small hotels, regular midsized hotels, big resorts...in all I can find MANY male receptionists... just a few days ago..La Romana, Vista Rio or something like that hotel, I was asking for some directions, YES male receptionist. I also recall male receptionists in SD in Melia, Hilton, Quinto Centenario, Napolitano, ... plus an acquaintance I had working the counter in Excel Club in Fiesta Hotel in SD... he was a Colombian from a Rich Colombian family studying tourism in the DR and doing his internships.... so YES male receptionists are all over in the DR

Yes you're right but those are hotels, I'm talking about a "normal" business.

anyway...sorry for hijacking this thread...
That's front desk in a hotel and that's different than any other business

Status
Not open for further replies.