Political Posters Banned In Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Good news. If you have not been here for an election campaign you have no idea how a town can be plastered with signs that are eyesores both before and long after the election is over. But, hopefully this year, not Sosua.

From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]The mayor Ilana Neumann has prohibited political posters on municipal property in El Batey and parts of Charamicos.[/h][h=5]The mayor wants no political advertising on the beach, in parks, along rivers, green areas and town house properties as power houses, public transport stops, street lighting, trees, litter bins and street furniture. Political election advertisement is only allowed on the billboards made available by the municipality. With this prohibition the mayor wants to avoid that Sos?a is buried under and polluted with election promotional material.[/h]

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Imagine my surprise when discovering this thread was not about DR1 posters...:cheeky:

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Go Sosua!! I have not been here for an election and am actually looking forward to it, so actually glad Cabarete will be plastered with it.

Will be fun to see this integral part of the Dominican culture. ...I think

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
What other Domincan town can boast of reducing the political nonsense? Just another example of how far Sosua has come.
Good ole Illiana is right on. Another example of why Sosua is such a great place to live. In a recent study Sosua was ranked number one as the town where it is easiest to make new friends.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
This news is surprising to me. I did not think an individual town had the ability to say "No" to election campaign paraphernalia.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
They probably dont but if no one complains it will stand. Its not the real world - its the DR!!