"PREACHardo",Say It Isn't SO!!!!!!! "SPIN" Needed ASAP!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Presige" holding company,of Trinidad & Tobago,has sold it's 12 Kentuky Fried Chicken,and two "Fridays" restaurants in the DR!!!!! They were,according to today's "DR1 News", Story #8,"Losing" money!
How can that be??????
The DR's economy is "Booming","Right "P"?????
I guess that must be the "BOOM",that comes just before the "BUST"?????????????????????? :cheeky::cheeky:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Hi Criss!

To be fair, it's probably hard to compete in the DR on the chicken front.
You've got all the low priced chinese places selling 'pollo' flavored dog and rat at ridiculously cheap prices (I joke simply because I don't understand how else they can price so low...), you've got el provocon, pica pollo, all the other frai chicken places, all cheaper and more 'domestic'... kentucky becomes a high priced product and really not as 'fresh' or whole.... any surprise that they were losing money?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"High End" prices,"Low End" products!
I like "Victorina","Provocon",and all the "Pica Pollo" places much better.
Must have sold cheap!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

prospero

Oct 6, 2009
"High End" prices,"Low End" products!
I like "Victorina","Provocon",and all the "Pica Pollo" places much better.
Must have sold cheap!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Right, "CrissssssssssCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC;lkjds;fj" this is something I've been meaning to do for a while:

HOW TO USE QUOTATION MARKS CORRECTLY

1. When quoting someone word for word, use quotation marks to show the reader exactly which words are being borrowed from a particular source. This is especially important in research writing.

2. A direct quote may be woven into a sentence already in progress (see Example A) or it may be used in its entirety, either within or connected to a given sentence (see Example B).

-->Example A: In a live interview, Mayor Candor admitted that "our prostitutes are failing to meet the citizens' needs."

-->Example B: Dr. Striker, chief of surgery at Middleton Hospital, announced today, "Our hospital will no longer be able to offer services to people who have no health insurance."

3. Quotation marks are used to set off dialog.

-->Example: Tom said, "Look! I don't know how to use quotation marks, okay?" Betsy replied, "That's very Chinese, Thomas. I'm not proud of you."

4. Understand which titles should be enclosed in quotation marks.

-->Chapter titles (but not chapter numbers) should be enclosed in quotes.
-->Titles of short stories and short poems should be enclosed in quotes.
-->Titles of newspaper or magazine articles should be enclosed in quotes.
-->Titles of essays or short works should be enclosed in quotes.
-->If parts of a long item is published over the course of several days or several separate times, (such as a play, collection or anthology), these items should be placed in quotes.
-->The name of a song's title will be placed in quotes, while the album name should be italicized.

5. Use quotation marks to surround direct quotes from a source, person, etc.

-->If the quote follows a statement, it should be preceeded by a comma. A quotation that ends a sentence should contain the period, exclamation mark, or question mark within the quotation marks.
She said, "Shelly sells seashells by the seashore."'

-->Likewise, if a quote has text that follows it, there should be a comma palced within the quotation marks.
"Shelly sells seashells by the seashore," according to today's newspaper.

-->To enclose a quote within a quote use a single set of quotation marks.
Shelby asked, "Hey Shelly did you say the other day, 'I sell women by the seashore?'"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What,the "PHUCK" RU "Talking" about?????????????????????
I never met a "Punctuation Mark" I didn't "LIKE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can "ONLY HOPE" it "PI$$ES" "U" OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc
My "problem" IS,my parents spend a LOT of money to send me to the "BEST,private school,"Sadley< I threw away my books,and "Ate The Teacher"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You think I became the "Best Liked" poster on DR1 just because of my "Gramatical Expertise" in writting the "ENGLISH" language????
"C" what happens when you get me "STARTED"??????????????

prospero

Oct 6, 2009
What,the "PHUCK" RU "Talking" about?????????????????????
I never met a "Punctuation Mark" I didn't "LIKE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can "ONLY HOPE" it "PI$$ES" "U" OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc
My "problem" IS,my parents spend a LOT of money to send me to the "BEST,private school,"Sadley< I threw away my books,and "Ate The Teacher"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
You can get an entire pollo al carbon with tostones for about 150 pesos on the street... What can you get at KFC for 150? lol

donP

Dec 14, 2008
P & c

HOW TO USE QUOTATION MARKS CORRECTLY

1. When quoting someone word for word, use quotation marks to show the reader exactly which words are being borrowed from a particular source. This is especially important in research writing.

2. A direct quote may be woven into a sentence already in progress (see Example A) or it may be used in its entirety, either within or connected to a given sentence (see Example B).

-->Example A: In a live interview, Mayor Candor admitted that "our prostitutes are failing to meet the citizens' needs."

-->Example B: Dr. Striker, chief of surgery at Middleton Hospital, announced today, "Our hospital will no longer be able to offer services to people who have no health insurance."

3. Quotation marks are used to set off dialog.

-->Example: Tom said, "Look! I don't know how to use quotation marks, okay?" Betsy replied, "That's very Chinese, Thomas. I'm not proud of you."

4. Understand which titles should be enclosed in quotation marks.

-->Chapter titles (but not chapter numbers) should be enclosed in quotes.
-->Titles of short stories and short poems should be enclosed in quotes.
-->Titles of newspaper or magazine articles should be enclosed in quotes.
-->Titles of essays or short works should be enclosed in quotes.
-->If parts of a long item is published over the course of several days or several separate times, (such as a play, collection or anthology), these items should be placed in quotes.
-->The name of a song's title will be placed in quotes, while the album name should be italicized.

5. Use quotation marks to surround direct quotes from a source, person, etc.

-->If the quote follows a statement, it should be preceeded by a comma. A quotation that ends a sentence should contain the period, exclamation mark, or question mark within the quotation marks.
She said, "Shelly sells seashells by the seashore."'

-->Likewise, if a quote has text that follows it, there should be a comma palced within the quotation marks.
"Shelly sells seashells by the seashore," according to today's newspaper.

-->To enclose a quote within a quote use a single set of quotation marks.
Shelby asked, "Hey Shelly did you say the other day, 'I sell women by the seashore?'"

All Paste & Copy - Wisdom. :tired:

And:
You missed the point of the thread... :cheeky:

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Kentucky vs. Chinese

You've got all the low priced chinese places selling 'pollo' flavored dog and rat at ridiculously cheap prices (...) kentucky becomes a high priced product (...)

KFR CAN compete... :cheeky:

[video=youtube;AGMEnP4iQh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMEnP4iQh0[/video]

donP

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
You can get an entire pollo al carbon with tostones for about 150 pesos on the street... What can you get at KFC for 150? lol

True but with these branded restaurants your paying for the name.

This is not surprising. What percentage of foreign restaurant owners remain solvent after the grand opening?

If they keep the brands and get them at a good price I'm sure a Dominican owner(s) can make the franchises work, especially Hooters.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
KFR CAN compete... :cheeky:

[video=youtube;AGMEnP4iQh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMEnP4iQh0[/video]

donP

Okay, where's the photos of the rat's nest under construction!

Where's Pischardo when you need him?

just sayin'

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"BELL",let's NEVER forget the "Thighs"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much "darker",and "Juicier" than those dried out breasts!!!
"Yun Yun"! as they say here in "Paradise",,,or is it a "FOOL's Paradise"???????????????????????????????
"Hummmmmmm"???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I found this quite surprising:

Prestige operates 65 KFC, Pizza Hut and TGI Friday's restaurants in Trinidad and Tobago as well as 40 Subway restaurants.

Now I admit not knowing that much about T&T, but that seems like a LOT of franchises for those islands...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Revenge of the chicken"??????????
I "ONCE" about 15 years ago,ordered a "Whole Roast Chicken" in "KFC" Arroyo Hondo"(Now Long Defunct,Wonder Why?????)
I get it home,dismember it,give the "Good Pieces" to my kids,and go "inside" for the "Kidneys" and other "goodies" along the back bone.
"LUCKILY",like any "Good Dominicano Wannabe",I "smell" before I eat.
I have smelled that smell before,but usually in a cheap brothel in Asia!
The chicken must have walked from Kentucky!
I told everyone the "Stop Eating",except for my beautiful wife that is,and took the remaining chicken back to "KFC".
I showed it the the manager and said "Smell It!"
"It's OK!" he said.
I told him I wanted a bucket of fried chicken,to replace the bad roasted one. He said,"OK."
I waited for my chicken.He brought it to me.I said "Gracias" and turned to leave.
"Hey!",he said,"that will be 400 pesos for the fried chicken!"
I walked up to him and said you "Stupid Dominican %$$$,*%@#,*&&^,$%*@@@er<and that goes for your entire staff
too!"
I went home with my "FREE" fried chicken.By the way,the bisquits,mashed potatos,and cole slaw that came with the "Roast Chicken" were really GOOD!
And Dominicans like "Fried Chicken" better than roasted,it's in their blood!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC