Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "PREACHardo",Say It Isn't SO!!!!!!! "SPIN" Needed ASAP!

The "Presige" holding company,of Trinidad & Tobago,has sold it's 12 Kentuky Fried Chicken,and two "Fridays" restaurants in the DR!!!!! They were,according to today's "DR1 News", Story #8,"Losing" money!
    How can that be??????
    The DR's economy is "Booming","Right "P"?????
    I guess that must be the "BOOM",that comes just before the "BUST"??????????????????????
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Criss!

To be fair, it's probably hard to compete in the DR on the chicken front.
    You've got all the low priced chinese places selling 'pollo' flavored dog and rat at ridiculously cheap prices (I joke simply because I don't understand how else they can price so low...), you've got el provocon, pica pollo, all the other frai chicken places, all cheaper and more 'domestic'... kentucky becomes a high priced product and really not as 'fresh' or whole.... any surprise that they were losing money?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"High End" prices,"Low End" products!
    I like "Victorina","Provocon",and all the "Pica Pollo" places much better.
    Must have sold cheap!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    "High End" prices,"Low End" products!
    I like "Victorina","Provocon",and all the "Pica Pollo" places much better.
    Must have sold cheap!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Right, "CrissssssssssCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC;lkjds;fj" this is something I've been meaning to do for a while:

HOW TO USE QUOTATION MARKS CORRECTLY

1. When quoting someone word for word, use quotation marks to show the reader exactly which words are being borrowed from a particular source. This is especially important in research writing.

2. A direct quote may be woven into a sentence already in progress (see Example A) or it may be used in its entirety, either within or connected to a given sentence (see Example B).

-->Example A: In a live interview, Mayor Candor admitted that "our prostitutes are failing to meet the citizens' needs."

-->Example B: Dr. Striker, chief of surgery at Middleton Hospital, announced today, "Our hospital will no longer be able to offer services to people who have no health insurance."

3. Quotation marks are used to set off dialog.

-->Example: Tom said, "Look! I don't know how to use quotation marks, okay?" Betsy replied, "That's very Chinese, Thomas. I'm not proud of you."

4. Understand which titles should be enclosed in quotation marks.

-->Chapter titles (but not chapter numbers) should be enclosed in quotes.
    -->Titles of short stories and short poems should be enclosed in quotes.
    -->Titles of newspaper or magazine articles should be enclosed in quotes.
    -->Titles of essays or short works should be enclosed in quotes.
    -->If parts of a long item is published over the course of several days or several separate times, (such as a play, collection or anthology), these items should be placed in quotes.
    -->The name of a song's title will be placed in quotes, while the album name should be italicized.

5. Use quotation marks to surround direct quotes from a source, person, etc.

-->If the quote follows a statement, it should be preceeded by a comma. A quotation that ends a sentence should contain the period, exclamation mark, or question mark within the quotation marks.
    She said, "Shelly sells seashells by the seashore."'

-->Likewise, if a quote has text that follows it, there should be a comma palced within the quotation marks.
    "Shelly sells seashells by the seashore," according to today's newspaper.

-->To enclose a quote within a quote use a single set of quotation marks.
    Shelby asked, "Hey Shelly did you say the other day, 'I sell women by the seashore?'"

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What,the "PHUCK" RU "Talking" about?????????????????????
    I never met a "Punctuation Mark" I didn't "LIKE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can "ONLY HOPE" it "PI$$ES" "U" OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc
    My "problem" IS,my parents spend a LOT of money to send me to the "BEST,private school,"Sadley< I threw away my books,and "Ate The Teacher"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You think I became the "Best Liked" poster on DR1 just because of my "Gramatical Expertise" in writting the "ENGLISH" language????
    "C" what happens when you get me "STARTED"??????????????

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    What,the "PHUCK" RU "Talking" about?????????????????????
    I never met a "Punctuation Mark" I didn't "LIKE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can "ONLY HOPE" it "PI$$ES" "U" OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc
    My "problem" IS,my parents spend a LOT of money to send me to the "BEST,private school,"Sadley< I threw away my books,and "Ate The Teacher"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fair enough.

7. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get an entire pollo al carbon with tostones for about 150 pesos on the street... What can you get at KFC for 150? lol

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default P & c

Quote Originally Posted by prospero View Post
    HOW TO USE QUOTATION MARKS CORRECTLY

1. When quoting someone word for word, use quotation marks to show the reader exactly which words are being borrowed from a particular source. This is especially important in research writing.

2. A direct quote may be woven into a sentence already in progress (see Example A) or it may be used in its entirety, either within or connected to a given sentence (see Example B).

-->Example A: In a live interview, Mayor Candor admitted that "our prostitutes are failing to meet the citizens' needs."

-->Example B: Dr. Striker, chief of surgery at Middleton Hospital, announced today, "Our hospital will no longer be able to offer services to people who have no health insurance."

3. Quotation marks are used to set off dialog.

-->Example: Tom said, "Look! I don't know how to use quotation marks, okay?" Betsy replied, "That's very Chinese, Thomas. I'm not proud of you."

4. Understand which titles should be enclosed in quotation marks.

-->Chapter titles (but not chapter numbers) should be enclosed in quotes.
    -->Titles of short stories and short poems should be enclosed in quotes.
    -->Titles of newspaper or magazine articles should be enclosed in quotes.
    -->Titles of essays or short works should be enclosed in quotes.
    -->If parts of a long item is published over the course of several days or several separate times, (such as a play, collection or anthology), these items should be placed in quotes.
    -->The name of a song's title will be placed in quotes, while the album name should be italicized.

5. Use quotation marks to surround direct quotes from a source, person, etc.

-->If the quote follows a statement, it should be preceeded by a comma. A quotation that ends a sentence should contain the period, exclamation mark, or question mark within the quotation marks.
    She said, "Shelly sells seashells by the seashore."'

-->Likewise, if a quote has text that follows it, there should be a comma palced within the quotation marks.
    "Shelly sells seashells by the seashore," according to today's newspaper.

-->To enclose a quote within a quote use a single set of quotation marks.
    Shelby asked, "Hey Shelly did you say the other day, 'I sell women by the seashore?'"
    All Paste & Copy - Wisdom.

And:
    You missed the point of the thread...

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xwill View Post
    you can get an entire pollo al carbon with tostones for about 150 pesos on the street... What can you get at kfc for 150? Lol
    "heart burn"!
    Cc

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky vs. Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Bell View Post
    You've got all the low priced chinese places selling 'pollo' flavored dog and rat at ridiculously cheap prices (...) kentucky becomes a high priced product (...)
    KFR CAN compete...

donP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast