Cheap Honeymoon in DR, for non spanish speakers, Where and Why?

alaska1986

Hello I am trying to help my cousin and her husband plan a honeymoon trip to the DR from roughly May 5-12. I have been to the DR (PP, Santo Domingo, Santiago) a couple times so they feel I may be able to pick out a destination for them. They are looking for a little getaway and do not want to spend tons of money.

Their ideal honeymoon is very simple and has more to do with just being in the DR with the weather and the people than about fancy stuff. They just want access to a beach, a few activities, views and possibly a little nightlife near by. They are coming from Virginia, they can fly out of Richmond, Charlotte, or Washington DC.

I've researched packages in Punta Cana and they were about $2,000 for the 7 or 8 day trip including flight. They said thats too much for this trip and they wanted to do it cheaper. So I'm assuming I'll be splitting up the flight part and booking a Non AI hotel. They dont speak spanish at all mind you.

So from the experience on this forum what would you suggest as a semi-romantic location in the DR (north coast/east coast -PP, Cabarete , La romana, Las terrenas, punta cana, bavaro)? Once I narrow down the area I can look at hotels with the help of this forum. What area would be most likely to fit their budget.

Thanks in advance.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Saman?

... what would you suggest as a semi-romantic location in the DR (north coast/east coast -PP, Cabarete , La romana, Las terrenas, punta cana, bavaro)?

From what you wrote, I'd suggest Las Terrenas.

donP

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
they could fly into P.C., and rent a condo... eating at restaurants some times, eating at the apartment casually some times. The killer is the air fare. The best prices are usually found 6 weeks prior to travel, flying mid week; OR less than two weeks, flying whenever there are last minute seats open. They could get a 1 - 2 bedroom condo, a short walk to the beach (less than 10 mins), very reasonably. Cost for food / entertainment (although, being a honeymoon, that shouldn't be a problem, lol) / and other stuff .

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Hello I am trying to help my cousin and her husband plan a honeymoon trip to the DR from roughly May 5-12. I have been to the DR (PP, Santo Domingo, Santiago) a couple times so they feel I may be able to pick out a destination for them. They are looking for a little getaway and do not want to spend tons of money.

Their ideal honeymoon is very simple and has more to do with just being in the DR with the weather and the people than about fancy stuff. They just want access to a beach, a few activities, views and possibly a little nightlife near by. They are coming from Virginia, they can fly out of Richmond, Charlotte, or Washington DC.

I've researched packages in Punta Cana and they were about $2,000 for the 7 or 8 day trip including flight. They said thats too much for this trip and they wanted to do it cheaper. So I'm assuming I'll be splitting up the flight part and booking a Non AI hotel. They dont speak spanish at all mind you.

So from the experience on this forum what would you suggest as a semi-romantic location in the DR (north coast/east coast -PP, Cabarete , La romana, Las terrenas, punta cana, bavaro)? Once I narrow down the area I can look at hotels with the help of this forum. What area would be most likely to fit their budget.

Thanks in advance.

sending u a pm

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
"I've researched packages in Punta Cana and they were about $2,000 for the 7 or 8 day trip including flight. They said thats too much for this trip and they wanted to do it cheaper. So I'm assuming I'll be splitting up the flight part and booking a Non AI hotel. They dont speak spanish at all mind you."

I don't see you getting much cheaper. $2,000 for an AI package in Punta Cana including air is pretty reasonable when you consider approximately $1,200 will be for airfare alone. A seven night stay for less than $60/person/night is a bargain. Travellers on a honeymoon, who so not speak Spanish, will appreciate the peace of mind of an AI. While you're booking the best hotel available, consider adding another $200 for R/T ground transportation between the airport and the resort.