Shipping a barrel from the USA

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
I have searched through the information on the forums, but haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for. I know that it is generally cheaper to have things shipped to you in a barrel. My father would like to send down some household items and things that I need. He lives in Indiana. I'm hoping that someone can recommend a company that does door-to-door shipping. I live in Punta Cana. Also, are there any companies that take care of the duty and taxes part, or will I have to go and pay those? Any information that you can provide would be much appreciated.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Door to Door shippers are generally in NY City, Providence RI , Boston MA and Miami, FL. From Indiana it is unlikely you will find someone to ship a barrel.

If you do find someone to ship a barrel, they will quote you a door to door price.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If this does not work out, I might have an alternative for you....You can P M me so I can explain it.

Cordially,

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Any of the east coast shippers will ship door to door for you, your dad would just have to box it up and ship it to them [NY is closest I think]. The price includes all duty, etc., and it gets delivered right to your door for the price you pay in the US.

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
Thank you for all the replies. My dad does a lot of travelling throughout the USA and Canada, so he could probably even take the package. Again, thank you all for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it :)

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I have searched through the information on the forums, but haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for. I know that it is generally cheaper to have things shipped to you in a barrel. My father would like to send down some household items and things that I need. He lives in Indiana. I'm hoping that someone can recommend a company that does door-to-door shipping. I live in Punta Cana. Also, are there any companies that take care of the duty and taxes part, or will I have to go and pay those? Any information that you can provide would be much appreciated.

I know some guys that do it from here in Chicago. I will PM you