Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping a barrel from the USA

I have searched through the information on the forums, but haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for. I know that it is generally cheaper to have things shipped to you in a barrel. My father would like to send down some household items and things that I need. He lives in Indiana. I'm hoping that someone can recommend a company that does door-to-door shipping. I live in Punta Cana. Also, are there any companies that take care of the duty and taxes part, or will I have to go and pay those? Any information that you can provide would be much appreciated.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Door to Door shippers are generally in NY City, Providence RI , Boston MA and Miami, FL. From Indiana it is unlikely you will find someone to ship a barrel.

If you do find someone to ship a barrel, they will quote you a door to door price.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Send Amistel (Mike) a PM, I think he has contacts for this.

Post Thanks / Like

If this does not work out, I might have an alternative for you....You can P M me so I can explain it.

Cordially,

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Any of the east coast shippers will ship door to door for you, your dad would just have to box it up and ship it to them [NY is closest I think]. The price includes all duty, etc., and it gets delivered right to your door for the price you pay in the US.

Admin
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the replies. My dad does a lot of travelling throughout the USA and Canada, so he could probably even take the package. Again, thank you all for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mxcutie View Post
    I have searched through the information on the forums, but haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for. I know that it is generally cheaper to have things shipped to you in a barrel. My father would like to send down some household items and things that I need. He lives in Indiana. I'm hoping that someone can recommend a company that does door-to-door shipping. I live in Punta Cana. Also, are there any companies that take care of the duty and taxes part, or will I have to go and pay those? Any information that you can provide would be much appreciated.
    I know some guys that do it from here in Chicago. I will PM you

Post Thanks / Like

That might be the best alternative!!! Good one xwill!!

HB
    Moderator DR1.com