Well,Well,Well answers from Dominican Republic Customs on the phone in English

Wildly Organic

Aug 6, 2009
thanks alot everyone here,even the intense reponses from experts at living in The Dominican, were helpful.The best help though, was a minute ago speaking to Customs and getting precentages and calculations on all kinds of items. No surprize.Good solid clarification and numbers.

Onto better things...visiting my gorgeous daughter and hubby with my gorgeous hubby. And in the end what really matters is Family.Take a minute and tell someone that you love them won't you? just say I love you.and it's not even Valentine's Day. peace to all...... Wildy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have a question. You spoke to people in customs and asked questions, you got answers, and you BELIEVE those answers?

Please do more research. Here tomorrow is another day with different results.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I have no clue what you are talking about (it is amazing how difficult I find it to comprehend some people since I stopped drinking:cross-eye) but will hubby No1 not mind you visiting him with hubby No2?

I love you, (and it isn't even valentines)

Dog x

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe i should start drinking again to understand some posters. seems like my english comprehension cannot solve the puzzle of OP's post.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I love DV8 and Wildly Organic.
That said, she was talking about the 2,200 $$ camera that she was thinking of send down here by a courier...Something I hope to God she does not do....
So perhaps she will be schlepping it down on her shoulder like a tourist should, when she comes to visit her beautiful daughter with her beautiful hubby...

At least that is how I sort of followed this drama..

Peace and love my pretties!

HB

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Getting answers from someone in customs over the phone when they don't have your valuable item is very different than trying to deal with customs when they do have your valuable item or when they are denying that your valuable item was ever in their custody.

I really hope that you are bringing the camera with you. How nice to be able to see your daughter for basically the same amount of money that it would take to ship/insure/customs cost the camera by post.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

Dio bendiga and Assalamu alaikum :)