Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Save this Gringo from jail!

So on my street in the past 48 hours, I have witnessed 2 robberies perpetuated by a motorcycle duo.

You know the modus operandi: Motorcycle slows down, guy on the back reaches over and grabs the purse. First time off an elderly lady neighbor, second time off a younger girl, motorcycle duo speed away.

Both incidents happened at around 2pm, on subsequent days.

They happen so quickly, that nobody can do anything to help...but it started me thinking...I walk down this street a lot. What would happen if I was on the street and this happened? Would I do something or just take it like a pendejo?

99% of the time, I would fall under the pendejo crowd. But I want to discuss the 1% of times that I was motivated to do something. What would be within my rights if 2 thieves were speeding away?

Would I go to jail if I:

a) shot them (with a legal weapon)?
    b) shot them (with an illegal weapon)?
    c) pushed them off the motorbike somehow and they were injured during the fall?
    d) threw a brick at the drivers head causing an accident and injury?
    e) rammed them with my car causing an accident and injury?
    f) pepper sprayed them causing an accident and injury?
    g) mentioned in passing that their mothers did unspeakable sexual acts in exchange for bus fare?

what are my rights? where would I be overstepping the law?

2. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you try to find out?

4. Likes rice&beans liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A stick through the wheels? Pepper spray, I like, but be sure you are up wind. Small nylon rope across the road, about neck high? I like that one!

Find a cop friend to watch with you?

Interesting scenario..

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a lawyer, but if you are a witness rather than the victim I wouldn't use a gun. Pepper spray, throwing rock, pushing them, things of that sort would, I believe, be much less likely to get you in trouble.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

legally your best option is waith for god to smite them but in his absence you may do smitting yourself. wear disguise, thou, because some of those folks are pretty keen on revenge...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep it real and don't bother!

Who are you to act like you've got an S on your chest in a country that's not yours..

As you mentioned, you're a gringo.. and you're walking down that street a lot. Do something to those thieves and walk down the street the next day.. let's just hope their boys ain't seeking for pay back!

And even if you're from this country, I don't care if you fck a thief up but don't shoot him! I mean come on, you're talking about taking ones life away!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Bell View Post
    So on my street in the past 48 hours, I have witnessed 2 robberies perpetuated by a motorcycle duo.

You know the modus operandi: Motorcycle slows down, guy on the back reaches over and grabs the purse. First time off an elderly lady neighbor, second time off a younger girl, motorcycle duo speed away.

Both incidents happened at around 2pm, on subsequent days.

They happen so quickly, that nobody can do anything to help...but it started me thinking...I walk down this street a lot. What would happen if I was on the street and this happened? Would I do something or just take it like a pendejo?

99% of the time, I would fall under the pendejo crowd. But I want to discuss the 1% of times that I was motivated to do something. What would be within my rights if 2 thieves were speeding away?

Would I go to jail if I:

a) shot them (with a legal weapon)?
    b) shot them (with an illegal weapon)?
    c) pushed them off the motorbike somehow and they were injured during the fall?
    d) threw a brick at the drivers head causing an accident and injury?
    e) rammed them with my car causing an accident and injury?
    f) pepper sprayed them causing an accident and injury?
    g) mentioned in passing that their mothers did unspeakable sexual acts in exchange for bus fare?

what are my rights? where would I be overstepping the law?
    Form an alliance with other men in the block and confront the thieves when they come back.

Thieves must be dealt with violently, short of killing them, or not at all.

10. Likes Givadogahome liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Vigilante anyone? This is the most effective way to get rid of scum.

12. Likes Givadogahome liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever your rights are, if you get to deal with police after the altercation (and potentially with lawyers) it will likely cost you more in time and money than what the thiefs can take from you, not to mention the medical costs. Unless you have good connections who can get you out quickly - apparently knowing someone in the rank of colonel and up makes dealing with the police that much more pleasant.

If it's a busy place, another option is to provide some resistance and make a lot of noise about being robbed and let the crowd do the justice.

14. Likes imfromda305 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you act and kill them= problems with cops. Theyd give a dominican a medal but you are a piggybank.
    If you act and dont kill them= they will come back for revenge. Not like challenge you to a fight but come for you when you least expect it, go after your friends/family etc.
    You are damned if you do, damned if you dont

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast