strange grey rash...on elbows

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
The last two trips i have gotten this really strange...greyish..kinda bumpy and VERY itchy rash that seems to like my elbows and knees and ankles..especially my elbows. any one else get this or have any ideas what it is? I've been back for about a week and is still have it. ARRGGG!!:mad:

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
If it is on the extensor (outside) of knees and elbows it sounds a lot like psoriasis Psoriasis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If it is on the inside part of the elbows and knees it could be a lot of things, but I would suspect a possible fungal infection secondary to the heat and humidity.
there is a cream called beta 3 that has a steroid, anti bacterial, and anti fungal antibiotic, that I would use if it was me. I would also get checked when I get back home.

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
HLA B27 spondylarthropathy wouldnt be provoked by travel like this seems to be. I coincides with his trips down here. its possible but what he is describing is pretty much textbook psoriasis

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
HLA B27 spondylarthropathy wouldnt be provoked by travel like this seems to be. I coincides with his trips down here. its possible but what he is describing is pretty much textbook psoriasis
Depends on whom he is traveling to see.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
My spouse has psoriasis and his condition was greatly improved when we moved to the sunny and mild climate of the DR compared to the Canadian climate where we were living. I would find it odd that this condition would appear on trips to the DR unless the stress factor of traveling is the instigating factor.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
not sure if my reply went thru. It is def not an STD and not a "rug rash". It is mainly on the elbows...and seems to be clearing up. Not the inside of the elbows but the outside. My step dad had psoriasis (sp?) doesnt look like that. It is just grey and itchy. Well...thanks all

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
The last two trips i have gotten this really strange...greyish..kinda bumpy and VERY itchy rash that seems to like my elbows and knees and ankles..especially my elbows. any one else get this or have any ideas what it is? I've been back for about a week and is still have it. ARRGGG!!:mad:

By any chance were your last 2 trips to Sosua..........lol:lick:

B in Santiago

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
A Dermatologist would know.

You can't be too careful with this. Sometimes a rash can be an indicator of a cardiovascular condition.

Go see a Doctor, ASAP.