TV in the DR.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Living in the TV sometimes the choice of TV is limited. I thought a thread to share experiences of how posters extend the choice of channels. Quality is quite good at about 500K to 700K.

For example today I watched France24 in English and CCTV ( China ) news, also in English. Some channels are blocked outside the US using some portals e.g. CNN.

This was using Watch live online TV channels broadcasting on the Internet for free.

as a portal - this offers over 2000 channels in many languages.

pi2

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Fta

Living in the TV sometimes the choice of TV is limited.

I am not surprised. :laugh:

I thought a thread to share experiences of how posters extend the choice of channels.

We use an FTA receiver hooked up to the internet.
Good for about 350 channels (I have never counted them), including international channels.
Five German channels, too. ;)

donP

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
of course, now that we know that you live IN the TV

you are starting to make a lot more sense

I get much more tv news coverage of the world here than i ever did inside the USA. As a journalist, this is one the great perks of living here. But I am in the Capital.. not the swamp on the flipper

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
I pitctured ma having a little hut on the mountain in the remote border near Haiti. Yam, rice beans, plantana, a couple of eggs from the chickens, a few fish in a pond makes for a nice diet. A mountain bike to get to the local village. A big dish to collect the Worldwide news.
pi2

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I pictured ma having a little hut on the mountain in the remote border near Haiti. Yam, rice beans, plantana, a couple of eggs from the chickens, a few fish in a pond makes for a nice diet. A mountain bike to get to the local village. A big dish to collect the Worldwide news.
pi2

Yep.....Paradise right by the Haitian border.......
How long do you think these items will belong to ma and pa Kettle..............lol

B in Santiago

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
If she gives some good nourishing soup to the local children nearly every day I think a long time. Cook it in a solar cooker or by gas. I know someone who iived in Africa on this style and I cannot see that the people of Haitian descent are much different.

What is 100 pesos worth of rice and beans and a couple of chickens compared with children being fed indefinitely for the future?

pi2

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The Boss:

[video=youtube;5scpDev1qps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5scpDev1qps[/video]

I haven't had TV for over 4 years. There are PLENTY of outlets for news and views and documentaries and movies...all of which you can choose for yourself without being told what is important to see...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We have never had TV/cable at our house in DR, and don't miss it much.

One of my husband's cousins spends a lot of weekends with us and uses the house when we're not there, and he couldn't stand it anymore, so he showed up with a new TV. Of course, we don't have cable, so all he gets to see are 2 channels, 5 & 7 I think. He seems happy now, haha.