Edenorte 2012 Rates

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hiya all,
Have tried (unsuccessfully) to search the forum as I'm sure somebody recently posted the latest Edenorte rates. If anybody could point us in the right direction to find the latest rates we'd be grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Last edited:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I am copying off of my Edenorte bill.....

Cargo Fijo
31 dias, RD$144.56

Energia

75 kWh x RD$ 4.44
125 kWh x RD$ 4.44

100 kWh x RD$ 6.97
100 kWh x RD$ 10.86

41 kWh x RD$ 10.86

This was my usage, as you use more the rates per kWh increase...
My monthly energy bill with these figures was RD$3,260.82
No a/c....2 large refrigerators, many fans, and 2 lg screen lcd tv's
Hope this helps you.....

B in Santiago

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Keep in mind if you go over 700 kWh in a month that EVERY kWh is charged at the highest rate they have.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Keep in mind if you go over 700 kWh in a month that EVERY kWh is charged at the highest rate they have.

That is exactly why I won't buy a/c............mine was 441 kWh......Not going to line their pockets
Fans, work just fine....
My energy bill averages about 3000 a month which is nothing......
I use the savings for the chicas..........lol

B in Santiago

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
I am copying off of my Edenorte bill.....

Cargo Fijo
31 dias, RD$144.56

Energia

75 kWh x RD$ 4.44
125 kWh x RD$ 4.44

100 kWh x RD$ 6.97
100 kWh x RD$ 10.86

41 kWh x RD$ 10.86

This was my usage, as you use more the rates per kWh increase...
My monthly energy bill with these figures was RD$3,260.82
No a/c....2 large refrigerators, many fans, and 2 lg screen lcd tv's
Hope this helps you.....

B in Santiago

Just trying to understand how it works:

So the first 200 KWh is rated @ 4.44
The next 100 @ 6.97 and the remaining @ 10.86 until the 700 KWh ceiling is reached.

What is the meaning of: Cargo Fijo
31 dias, RD$144.56 ?

Do you have an option to get charged a daily rate instead of being meetered?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "cargo fijo" is charged every month for having a meter,and a line into your house,even if you have no consumption.
Pay It",even if you are away for several moths with no usage.If you don't,you will also be charged to dis-connect your service,to re-connect your sevice,and for "Late Charges"!
A friend,left his condo vacant for three years,no usage,arrived to a 40,000 peso electric bill.EVEN though,he went to "EDESUR",BEFORE he left,paid his "Last Bill",or so THEY said,and had his sevice disconnected!!!
I got his bill reduced to 20,000 pesos,and he was allowed to pay that off in 4 monthly payments.
AND,don't forget,"Leonel Lite"("Danilo",will begin to renegotiate the DR's previous "Standby Accord" with the "IMF" as soon as he takes office!!!(Mark My Words)
There is 500 million US dollars still available on the original loan of 1.5 million US dollars.
"Regular Leonel",voided the "Standby Agreement",after the "IMF" required that his government raise electric rates by 18%!
He said he did it for the "Dominican People", but he really did it for political reasons.
Like not losing votes for "Danilo",and "La Primera Dama",and the "PRD" in next months elections.
With 500 million US dollars STILL waiting,you must know that the PLD wants to get their hands on that!!
There are "Yepetas" to buy,and "Casa en el Campo" yet to build!!!!
Mark My Words!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC is NEVER WRONG!
Know why???
Because I know Dominicans in general,and Dominican "POLITICOS" in particular!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Nas",you MUST know what a "Cargo Fijo" is??
You aren't a Dominican??????????
Oh!,I ALMOST forgot,you just "KNOW EVERYTHING" about life in the DR,even though you don't actually live here!!!
I must remember that,the next to you post about how"Things"really are, HERE in the DR!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Just trying to understand how it works:

So the first 200 KWh is rated @ 4.44
The next 100 @ 6.97 and the remaining @ 10.86 until the 700 KWh ceiling is reached.

What is the meaning of: Cargo Fijo
31 dias, RD$144.56 ?

Do you have an option to get charged a daily rate instead of being metered?

I have never reached 500kWh in a months time so I don't know if it increases 1 more time before the 700 mark.....
As far as a daily rate, I don't know...never used, never asked.....cc might know...

B in Santiago

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"ALL" electricity consumed in any month with usage over 700kwh is charged at the Highest rate!
Would you expect ANYTHING less in the DR?????
"Daily Rate",NO!
However,if you live in a "Poor Barrio",the government,for political reasons,allows the "customers" to ,Supposedly", pay a "Fixed Rate".
It's a GREAT DEAL for those people! They pay 300 to 600 pesos a month,depending on their "Estimated Usage"(Figured on a few light bulbs,a fan and a TV,but in reality,they have MUCH MORE,including refrigerators,"Big TVs,and even "Air Conditioners in some homes!)
No only that,but even the "Fixed Rate" homes seldom are forced to pay! If they are ever"Disconnected",they simply re-connect by themselves!
"WE" have the "pleasure" of subsidising these thieves,as the government looks away!,by paying astronamical rates for "Subterranian" poor service!!
May bill was way down last month,only 11,500 pesos!!!
It was soooooooooooooooooooo cold at night,some of us slept without airconditioning!!!
"Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
In the whole apartment that I live, only myself have the meter. Still the landlord crookedly connected all the common bulbs to my meter. I still cannot figure out how to disconnect it.

A friend of me live in campo and his house owner pays only flat rate of 300 Pesos for the whole building. Two 24 Kva inverters working whole time, has tvs in all the rooms incl kitchen and has even AC for his bedroom. Still he is legally connected.

Another friend of me who owns a company used to pay legally all his dues everymonth ie around 30000 pesos everymonth. He happened to close the company and gave notification to the electricity distributor to disconnect the commercial service. But they still charged even he had closed the company and it accumulated to more than a million till they finally disconnected. They do not accept any of his clarifications and do not want to give him even the basic home connection. He tried several times and now he is happy enjoying free electricity. Need not say how:laugh:

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
"ALL" electricity consumed in any month with usage over 700kwh is charged at the Highest rate!
Would you expect ANYTHING less in the DR?????
"Daily Rate",NO!
However,if you live in a "Poor Barrio",the government,for political reasons,allows the "customers" to ,Supposedly", pay a "Fixed Rate".
It's a GREAT DEAL for those people! They pay 300 to 600 pesos a month,depending on their "Estimated Usage"(Figured on a few light bulbs,a fan and a TV,but in reality,they have MUCH MORE,including refrigerators,"Big TVs,and even "Air Conditioners in some homes!)
No only that,but even the "Fixed Rate" homes seldom are forced to pay! If they are ever"Disconnected",they simply re-connect by themselves!
"WE" have the "pleasure" of subsidising these thieves,as the government looks away!,by paying astronamical rates for "Subterranian" poor service!!
May bill was way down last month,only 11,500 pesos!!!
It was soooooooooooooooooooo cold at night,some of us slept without airconditioning!!!
"Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I would rather have money and pay the bill than not have money and steal it.........

Down to 11,500 pesos........
I pay an average of 3000......any idea how many beautiful chicas for that 8500 peso difference......
.....PER MONTH.......My BACK HURTS.....

B in Santiago

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
They actually calculate the bill???

I was under the assumption they make their finger wet, stick it up in the air, and write a bill for just over that 700kw.

And when you complain they just tell you your meter was wrong, and they estimated the usage.

Belgiank

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
2 years ago I complained to EdeNorte that my meter was off. They sent out 2 repairmen almost immediately and checked the meter. They agreed the meter was faulty.........they said they would bring out a new one in a day or so..........
They arrived 1 month ago, 2 years later......with a new digital meter.
Better late than never.......lol

B in Santiago

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
speaking of Ednorte...
I have not received a bill from them yet. I did paid my first water bill last week but I haven't seen a paper laying around on our floor yet. Do I call them and ask what's up? or do I just wait until I get disconnected? How much is reconnect fees?

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
It is your responsibility to find out the bill and pay them in time. I had never received my bills. Initially I also thought like this and waited for the bill but at the end of the second month they had disconnected the service. Just go to the Ednorte office close to you and tell them your contract number or identity. They will tell you the bill and just pay them there.
speaking of Ednorte...
I have not received a bill from them yet. I did paid my first water bill last week but I haven't seen a paper laying around on our floor yet. Do I call them and ask what's up? or do I just wait until I get disconnected? How much is reconnect fees?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You can call the "EDESUR: telephone number,punch in your account number,and find out what you owe without standing in line at an office.If you have credit card,you can pay by phine as well.
They charge 300 pesos to cut your service,then 300 more to reconnect.
Don't just wait,do something before "THEY" do,and they will do something,and it will cost you time and money.
CCC