Caution to New Jerseyans

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
You will be a mark to claim child support payments from...She will accidently on purpose become inpregnated to get a check for the next 18 years. High-tailing it back to NJ won't help any longer.

NJ + DR child support agreement

New Jersey becomes the first US state to reach an agreement with Dominican judicial authorities to ensure that parents living in the Dominican Republic pay child support. Attorney General Radhames Jimenez Pena and New Jersey Department of Human Services commissioner Jennifer Velez signed what is deemed as a landmark reciprocal agreement to expand the reach of the New Jersey child support system. The agreement, which becomes effective immediately, was attested by New Jersey Attorney General Jeffrey S. Chiesa.

It compels New Jersey and the Dominican Republic to assist each other with ensuring the support of children by their parents within their jurisdictions. Currently, there are 536 active cases in the New Jersey Child Support System for which one party resides in the Dominican Republic.

Previous to the agreement, it was difficult to initiate or enforce child support orders with parents who left New Jersey to return to the Dominican Republic without their children. The same challenges applied to situations in which a parent moved to New Jersey from the Dominican Republic, leaving their children behind.

"This agreement is right and just," said Dr. Jimenez Pena, who traveled to New Jersey with staff to participate in this long awaited event. "Children are entitled to be supported by both parents and parents cannot allow nationality and distance to interfere with the moral and legal responsibility they have to their children."

"In law enforcement, the inability to carry out our duties in another jurisdiction can be incredibly frustrating," said New Jersey Attorney General Chiesa, who attended the event and attested to the signatures. "Reciprocity allows New Jersey and the Dominican Republic to cooperatively and effectively manage child support orders.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
You will be a mark to claim child support payments from...She will accidently on purpose become inpregnated to get a check for the next 18 years. High-tailing it back to NJ won't help any longer.

Let's hope its the start of something good.

And it seems to be directed in the opposite direction, those avoiding enforcement by going to the DR.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and i thought new jersey was doomed already when the news about snookie's pregnancy came in...

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Wow a tremendous amount of NJ to Rd child support dead beat Moms or Dads...................the tally thus far as "Active" cases 536??????????????????
~ R u farking kiddin me..............what about the county tally from Burlington Cty to Hudson Cty that tallies thus far as "Active" cases 12,000+-????????????????????
~Really??? Belmont....I am soooo surprised that you of all folks on DR1 to jump on this one!!!

~And don't even get me started on Snooky and the NON-Jersey Shore wantta beeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Only NJ? Snooki only 1 of the signs there is not 2012! Dick Clark of course being the second sign....

You may be right Jeff :nervous:
dick clark.jpg

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
If this news will reach the chicas the first thing when they see a "gringo" is asking him "papi you flom New Jersey" if the answer is yes then she'll jump that poor boy as if she found a winning lottery ticket on the street.
Tourism might even slow down more now. ;)

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
This will never work because 90% of the states are BROKE so where will New Jersey get the resources for this. I am willing to bet states like California, Texas, Flordia, Illinios, New York do not follow New Jersey with this nonsense. Once the election season come to a end you won't hear anything about this.

A man can murder someone in the states and disappear in DR and it take sometimes YEARS for authorities to track him down in DR, and you think New Jersey one of the BROKEST states have resources to find a woman or man for CHILD SUPPORT? Also they would need the DR to assit in their efforts and that is a CHALLENGE all by itself.

Also the law has NOTHING to do with GRINGOS it targets Dominicans on Dominicans. Why would New Jersy care about gringos having babies with Dominicans? Everything is not always about GRINGOS!!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This will never work because 90% of the states are BROKE so where will New Jersey get the resources for this. I am willing to bet states like California, Texas, Flordia, Illinios, New York do not follow New Jersey with this nonsense. Once the election season come to a end you won't hear anything about this.

A man can murder someone in the states and disappear in DR and it take sometimes YEARS for authorities to track him down in DR, and you think New Jersey one of the BROKEST states have resources to find a woman or man for CHILD SUPPORT? Also they would need the DR to assit in their efforts and that is a CHALLENGE all by itself.

NJ has an entire division of Child Support Probation for deadbeat dads and moms already in place - our daughter was a NJ Child Support Probation Officer for years [now she's in Supervision]. She keeps in close contact with her former colleagues, the two counties she worked in [Atlantic and Cumberland] have a lot of Dominicans, I'll ask her to find out what happens over the next year or so.

Should prove interesting.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think there MAY be an economic benefit to the states that can find,and get to "Pay Up" deadbeat "Dads",AND!!!!! "Moms"!
These kids,and their parent,are more than likely recieving "State Aid".
If the "Deadbeat" can be made to get current,and then pay monthly "child support",the "State" should be able to pay "Less",or maybe even,"God Forbid!",nothing!
There is "One Problem" to the "Solution" however!!!
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Definition of "Mass Confusion"???????????????????????????
"Father's Day in the Dominican Republic"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buy "stock" in companies that sell, "DNA Paternity Determination Kits"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009

Also the law has NOTHING to do with GRINGOS it targets Dominicans on Dominicans. Why would New Jersy care about gringos having babies with Dominicans? Everything is not always about GRINGOS!!!!

This could be enforced easily. They don't have to chase anyone in the country. They could simply pick one up at the airport.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I think there MAY be an economic benefit to the states that can find,and get to "Pay Up" deadbeat "Dads",AND!!!!! "Moms"!
These kids,and their parent,are more than likely recieving "State Aid".

If the "Deadbeat" can be made to get current,and then pay monthly "child support",the "State" should be able to pay "Less",or maybe even,"God Forbid!",nothing!

There is "One Problem" to the "Solution" however!!!
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Definition of "Mass Confusion"???????????????????????????
"Father's Day in the Dominican Republic"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buy "stock" in companies that sell, "DNA Paternity Determination Kits"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You have hit pay dirt with this statement. States can no longer afford to support the Children who are left behind when Parents refuse their responsibilities. This agreement is landmark and will have repercussions in all 50 States, Territories and Possessions and the District of Columbia. New Jersey has Child Support Enforcement reciprocity with all of them. The US Department of Health and Human Services supports all these jurisdictions with a common information database and those who have attempted to use the D.R. as refuge from child support obligations will find themselves looking rally hard at a move to Venezuela because if they stay there they're busted. If they think Child Support payments were unbearable just wait until arrearages are applied.

I predict a huge decline in the sale of Brugal and Presidentes in coming years.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011

Why should this be a caution? Any responsible person would automatically send money to support their kids. You caution must be for the dead beat dads

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
You have hit pay dirt with this statement. States can no longer afford to support the Children who are left behind when Parents refuse their responsibilities. This agreement is landmark and will have repercussions in all 50 States, Territories and Possessions and the District of Columbia. New Jersey has Child Support Enforcement reciprocity with all of them. The US Department of Health and Human Services supports all these jurisdictions with a common information database and those who have attempted to use the D.R. as refuge from child support obligations will find themselves looking rally hard at a move to Venezuela because if they stay there they're busted. If they think Child Support payments were unbearable just wait until arrearages are applied.

I predict a huge decline in the sale of Brugal and Presidentes in coming years.
I know a guy here in Illinos that was given 30 days for non payment of child support and he was let out in 7 hours because it was nowhere to put him jails to over crowded.

I have a Mexican buddy who does not pay child support of some of kids and goes back and forth to Mexico all the time. The mother did the who process and she still does see a dime.

Also you can throw a rock anywhere in the US and you will most likely hit a man that does not pay child support or plan to pay child support.

The child support laws HIT men with careers and guys with"city jobs"the hardest, but Knuckleheads who live in Dominican,Black, Puerto Ricans and Mexican neighborhoods nothing will ever happen to this guys. Women choose this BAD BOYS and this is one of the price they pay having a baby with a "Bad Boy"

BTW the Mexican I mentioned all his papers are FAKE!!! Now do see how hard it would be to enforce this law on this guys.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"GREY"
See why the Governor of New Jersey will be elected "President of the USA" in 2016??????"
He has the "Audacity Of Hope" to believe that the Great "WORKING",People of NJ should not have to support those who don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Marco for VEEP"
"JMB",look for better "BUDDIES"!!!!!!
Dominicans,and others,like to say:
"Show me who your friends are,
and I'll show you who YOU ARE!!!"
and:
"If you lay down with "DOGS",
you wake up with ""Pulgas"!!"

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
"GREY"
See why the Governor of New Jersey will be elected "President of the USA" in 2016??????"
He has the "Audacity Of Hope" to believe that the Great "WORKING",People of NJ should not have to support those who don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Marco for VEEP"
"JMB",look for better "BUDDIES"!!!!!!
Dominicans,and others,like to say:
"Show me who your friends are,
and I'll show you who YOU ARE!!!"
and:
"If you lay down with "DOGS",
you wake up with ""Pulgas"!!"

No CC I believe if the USA gives a woman the right to have a baby or have an abortion, and the father has ZERO say so, and
women will always WIN in custody cases. Then I think the MALE should have the right to pay child support. The whole Child Support laws are BS.

A woman CHOOSES who to have a baby with, and she have to live with her decision.

And for my buddies." My buddies are my life and my life are buddies" One day CC you will realize your buddies are far more important then a chica or a wife. I buy birthday gifts for ALL of my buddies kids not because of the woman but because they are kids of my buddies.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I know a guy here in Illinos that was given 30 days for non payment of child support and he was let out in 7 hours because it was nowhere to put him jails to over crowded.

I have a Mexican buddy who does not pay child support of some of kids and goes back and forth to Mexico all the time. The mother did the who process and she still does see a dime.

Also you can throw a rock anywhere in the US and you will most likely hit a man that does not pay child support or plan to pay child support.

The child support laws HIT men with careers and guys with"city jobs"the hardest, but Knuckleheads who live in Dominican,Black, Puerto Ricans and Mexican neighborhoods nothing will ever happen to this guys. Women choose this BAD BOYS and this is one of the price they pay having a baby with a "Bad Boy"

BTW the Mexican I mentioned all his papers are FAKE!!! Now do see how hard it would be to enforce this law on this guys.

Sure. There are deadbeat Moms and Dads who are deadbeats in the rest of life as well but if the system can get the deadbeats with jobs to pay up it takes a huge burden off the taxpayers and it's worth the effort.

Kids didn't ask to come here. Custody issues are separate and shouldn't be a consideration where support requirements are concerned. Wanna do the laying down? You gotta do the ponying up.