Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Caution to New Jerseyans

You will be a mark to claim child support payments from...She will accidently on purpose become inpregnated to get a check for the next 18 years. High-tailing it back to NJ won't help any longer.

NJ + DR child support agreement

New Jersey becomes the first US state to reach an agreement with Dominican judicial authorities to ensure that parents living in the Dominican Republic pay child support. Attorney General Radhames Jimenez Pena and New Jersey Department of Human Services commissioner Jennifer Velez signed what is deemed as a landmark reciprocal agreement to expand the reach of the New Jersey child support system. The agreement, which becomes effective immediately, was attested by New Jersey Attorney General Jeffrey S. Chiesa.

It compels New Jersey and the Dominican Republic to assist each other with ensuring the support of children by their parents within their jurisdictions. Currently, there are 536 active cases in the New Jersey Child Support System for which one party resides in the Dominican Republic.

Previous to the agreement, it was difficult to initiate or enforce child support orders with parents who left New Jersey to return to the Dominican Republic without their children. The same challenges applied to situations in which a parent moved to New Jersey from the Dominican Republic, leaving their children behind.

"This agreement is right and just," said Dr. Jimenez Pena, who traveled to New Jersey with staff to participate in this long awaited event. "Children are entitled to be supported by both parents and parents cannot allow nationality and distance to interfere with the moral and legal responsibility they have to their children."

"In law enforcement, the inability to carry out our duties in another jurisdiction can be incredibly frustrating," said New Jersey Attorney General Chiesa, who attended the event and attested to the signatures. "Reciprocity allows New Jersey and the Dominican Republic to cooperatively and effectively manage child support orders.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    You will be a mark to claim child support payments from...She will accidently on purpose become inpregnated to get a check for the next 18 years. High-tailing it back to NJ won't help any longer.
    Let's hope its the start of something good.

And it seems to be directed in the opposite direction, those avoiding enforcement by going to the DR.

3. Likes EverythingJeff liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

and i thought new jersey was doomed already when the news about snookie's pregnancy came in...

5. Likes Peterj, Celt202, belmont, CaptnGlenn, sarah1101 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    and i thought new jersey was doomed already when the news about snookie's pregnancy came in...
    Only NJ? Snooki only 1 of the signs there is not 2012! Dick Clark of course being the second sign....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

~Wow a tremendous amount of NJ to Rd child support dead beat Moms or Dads...................the tally thus far as "Active" cases 536??????????????????
    ~ R u farking kiddin me..............what about the county tally from Burlington Cty to Hudson Cty that tallies thus far as "Active" cases 12,000+-????????????????????
    ~Really??? Belmont....I am soooo surprised that you of all folks on DR1 to jump on this one!!!

~And don't even get me started on Snooky and the NON-Jersey Shore wantta beeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i mean, no way that 2013 could come unannounced!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Like my father told me if your man enough to make a baby be man enough to take care of it.

10. Likes N/A, Chicagoan, nordique liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EverythingJeff View Post
    Only NJ? Snooki only 1 of the signs there is not 2012! Dick Clark of course being the second sign....
    Hipolito winning May 20.....3rd sign?!

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EverythingJeff View Post
    You may be right Jeff
    dick clark.jpg

Administrator
    DR1.com

13. Likes greydread liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If this news will reach the chicas the first thing when they see a "gringo" is asking him "papi you flom New Jersey" if the answer is yes then she'll jump that poor boy as if she found a winning lottery ticket on the street.
    Tourism might even slow down more now.

15. Likes belmont, barker1964 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast