You ain't never gonna see me doing this!

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
What are the things that is being called "Dominican lifestyle" or something many Dominicans do that you will never do in your life? Or something you don't want to do.. and tell us why.

My first real love was a Dominicana, we were together for 4 years.. starting from 15. During those years she tried to teach me.. but I never was willing to learn how to dance bachata and merengue.

Even now when girls want me to dance with them, something is holding me back.. I just don't like it!

It's just not me!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you will never see me eating semana santa special: habichuelas con dulce.
grossest thing eva!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
grossest thing eva!

Haha, my daughter and I had lunch at a Dominican restaurant in Atlantic City today, and I noticed a sign saying they had habichuelas con dulce. Came home with a quart of it, little cookies in a separate package, for $4.50!

Yum.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
grossest thing eva!

You need to eat it made by someone that knows what they are doing.
95% of the time it's crazy sweet, but when it's done right, it's pretty refreshing.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~This is why we have ...Men are from Mars and Women from...............well yall get my drift.........woman and men have different tastes.........some like it sweet and others like it salty:)....kinda like ....ask a women if they want a Chocolate brownie.....or a man if he wants a Presidente???????????

Ok CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccc....I know you are just screaming to comment here.....I am just sayin!!!

Morenito0211

Dec 18, 2009
Haha, my daughter and I had lunch at a Dominican restaurant in Atlantic City today, and I noticed a sign saying they had habichuelas con dulce. Came home with a quart of it, little cookies in a separate package, for $4.50!

Yum.

Where's is this restaurant? was it good? I need to go get me some!

Reasonable Man

Dec 23, 2011
Riding on a pasola with 2 other people. I'm not into that whole dying a horrific death sort of thing, but that's just me.

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
Keep 'm coming!

Was this in the Netherlands or in Miami? Make up your mind, we need to keep track of all your lies.

Berzin, stop acting like a beach! For real! I already gave you and Giveadog a chance to back your allegations up.. did non of y'all ever replied back to me! NON OF Y'ALL!

But now you're trying to start something up again!?!

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, it goes a lil something like this..

http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/123009-soy-taca-o-9.html

Yo dumb S couldn't get my sarcasm and you already felt like bashing me so you thought you had me with this one.. little did you know that I was build for this. So I just let you know that you were wrong!

I asked you and Giveadog to let me know what made you think I lied, I already knew why.. and I told that that sentence was sarcasm. Other than that you had no ammo!

So you kept it quite, hopefully someone would "get" me.. but nobody did! So your beach S didn't say ish, Giveadog kept it quite also.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/123009-soy-taca-o-12.html

Then as a result, we've got Keepcoming telling us all that oooh well.. maybe Imfromda305 is not a liar and you've got Giveadog going up in his S too. But first I was a liar, and then I wasn't.

But you were nowhere to be found, till now.. so what happened?! You've gathered enough information to get this party started!? Or you still can't handle my stories?!

You must be still like: "Woooow, his stories are soooo awsome it can't be true!"

Ooh well, I'm just waiting for your reply.. keep 'm coming!

Last edited:

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Beating up a woman...
Making more noise (24/7) than a Boeing 747 at take off...
Drying the laundry on a fence or wall...
Blocking the street because I need to talk to about nothing...
Using a motoco?aso...

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Berzin, stop acting like a beach! For real! I already gave you and Giveadog a chance to back your allegations up.. did non of y'all ever replied back to me! NON OF Y'ALL!

But now you're trying to start something up again!?!

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, it goes a lil something like this..

http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/123009-soy-taca-o-9.html

Yo dumb S couldn't get my sarcasm and you already felt like bashing me so you thought you had me with this one.. little did you know that I was build for this. So I just let you know that you were wrong!

I asked you and Giveadog to let me know what made you think I lied, I already knew why.. and I told that that sentence was sarcasm. Other than that you had no ammo!

So you kept it quite, hopefully someone would "get" me.. but nobody did! So your beach S didn't say ish, Giveadog kept it quite also.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/123009-soy-taca-o-12.html

Then as a result, we've got Keepcoming telling us all that oooh well.. maybe Imfromda305 is not a liar and you've got Giveadog going up in his S too. But first I was a liar, and then I wasn't.

But you were nowhere to be found, till now.. so what happened?! You've gathered enough information to get this party started!? Or you still can't handle my stories?!

You must be still like: "Woooow, his stories are soooo awsome it can't be true!"

Ooh well, I'm just waiting for your reply.. keep 'm coming!

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, don't think because I stopped pulling you up on your lies meant that no one thinks you are lying. It is purely because it is so obvious that there is no argument to be made, and I'm passed having an argument where you say 'no I'm not'. People stop posting because they can't be bothered with it, you lie all you want my friend, but people are old and wise enough on here to spot it before you even hit Enter.
People get much more of a flaming for less BS than you have dished out, so by all means people have been very accepting of your fantasy lifestyle and that's a good thing for you, there must be something good going for you for people to tolerate it.
I personally drew a line under your past BS and thought you'd noticed it was not getting you anywhere and so had chilled with the attention thing, I thought you understood. But after reading this rant I now see you still have the desperation to prove yourself which is obvious and a little sad. Most people don't try so hard if indeed they are not covering something up.
And so no, you're wrong again my friend, I left your thread as I felt sorry for you and I was bored with it, not because you won some game that is in your head, and only your head. 'Got me', 'starting something up', these are your words and in your mind, no body cares enough to 'start something up', and certainly no one wants to 'get you', or catch you out.
So chill out, the only person thinking about you is you. It's an open forum, everyones input is good, you have nothing to prove to anyone on hear, but don't expect everyone to believe you.
Now back to the thread!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Where's is this restaurant? was it good? I need to go get me some!

It's a little place called Mango Tropical on Ventnor Avenue in the Chelsea section of AC. Coming into AC on the Black Horse Pike, you make a right at the Monument and go down about 5 blocks, it's on the left.

I've never had a bad meal there, chivo guisado yesterday melted in my mouth. [My brother-in-law says that means it's a chiva, LOL]

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
It's a little place called Mango Tropical on Ventnor Avenue in the Chelsea section of AC. Coming into AC on the Black Horse Pike, you make a right at the Monument and go down about 5 blocks, it's on the left.

I've never had a bad meal there, chivo guisado yesterday melted in my mouth. [My brother-in-law says that means it's a chiva, LOL]

I used to own some hotels on Ventnor.:laugh:

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I will never get drunk on the beach during Semana Santa, sing badly/loudly to Bachatta songs and try to sexy dance in the sand!! (oh, wait, I already did that. Scratch)

I seriously will definitely will never ride a motorcycle/pasola with multiple family members, pigs and construction materials.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i thought well about all the bad things dominicans do and i actually have nothing else to add to my list of never-ever.
listen to very loud music? done that. admiteddly daytime and it was only one song on the edge by lady gaga but nonetheless i did full power.
drive like crazy? like, every time i mount my honda i drive dominican style with only a small dash of european common sense.
eat mondongo, morcilla, chivo and other dominican treats? i do.