Worried About Getting A Dominican Hospital "BED" When You Arrive???

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't be!!!!!
There is always room for MORE!!
We have "Preach-Hard-Ohs" pretty pictures of the "METRO","High Rise Apartments,and Fancy Malls.
You know," The Real DR"?????
Now I would like you to see the "Reality" of his, "Real DR"!
Today's "Diario Libre's Newspaper"!!
Page 12.
(Some Smart DR1er can "Paste" it here for those of you who live here,but don't get the "Diario",or
It is available "On-Line",at Diariolibre.com/vitual.)
The banner is:
"Another Person Dies With Colera Simptoms" :dead
Now,unless and until,chip sees the dead persons "Lab Work",I am not officially authorized to blame the death on colera. :dead::dead::dead:

Good News",for the dead guy,and his loved ones!
Now,if you still want "more" about "Life",or in this case,"Death" in the DR,just turn to page15 of the same newspaper!!
"The Country Lives Through 72 Hours Of Horror And Violence"
Not my words,A Dominican Newspaper's "WORDS"!
The story tells of the 11"Reported" violent deaths during a 72 hour period this month.The dead include a "Taiwanese Diplomat",an "Engineer",and a "Four Year Old Child"!!!
What's that "P",Chip,"Nas",???????
"Oh!",they want you all to know that "People" are killed everyday,"All Around The World!"
I don't know about you,but that certainly will make me sleep better tonight,and give solace to the victims family and friends!
Must have been those "Illegal Haitians" "P",and "Nas" want us to know!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You all can keep DR as your home place. I will stay put and do the DR as a vacation. ;)

Not that anyone cares I bet.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Last night one of the Security Guards employed by PUCMM was on his way home and he was intercepted by two men on a motorcycle who wanted to steal his motorcycle. When he reached for his own weapon they shot him, unfortunately of the three shots, one hit him in the heart. The neighbors came out and the thieves ran with nothing as I heard it.

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Last night one of the Security Guards employed by PUCMM was on his way home and he was intercepted by two men on a motorcycle who wanted to steal his motorcycle. When he reached for his own weapon they shot him, unfortunately of the three shots, one hit him in the heart. The neighbors came out and the thieves ran with nothing as I heard it.

HB

Riding a motorcycle at night is getting precarious here. Still, by far the majority of the 100+ watchmen at PUCMM do go to work on a bike.

The particular person who was killed lived in La Vega and apparently was attacked close to his home when he was on his way home last night. He was also a policeman and worked for the sindico and it's suspected the thieves knew him and were going after his gun. A friend of mine who works at PUCMM who knew the deceased told me this info.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yip, I miss the DR less and less every day (well not at all actually). Fundamental services and security is very welcome in my life, it's nice to take things forgranted without being disappointed.
There is a fine line for the balance in DR, you have to have a very well structured life and many positive things going on to outweigh the BS.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Yip, I miss the DR less and less every day (well not at all actually). Fundamental services and security is very welcome in my life, it's nice to take things forgranted without being disappointed.
There is a fine line for the balance in DR, you have to have a very well structured life and many positive things going on to outweigh the BS.

I'm happy with your decision.

However, for others the US or UK necessarily isn't a step "up". From my own perspective I have a lot better chance raising my daughters as Christians here in the DR as opposed to the US as they would have to go to the public education system. More than likely they will never be a victim of robbery or violence. No one that I know of in our extended family here has ever been a victim of violent crime, only thievery when people were gone.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Last week a friend of mine was mugged at knife point by two guys. They hit him upside the head and nearly killed him. It was around 11pm as he was walking home from work. This wasn't in DR, this was were I live in long island, NY.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Last week a friend of mine was mugged at knife point by two guys. They hit him upside the head and nearly killed him. It was around 11pm as he was walking home from work. This wasn't in DR, this was were I live in long island, NY. [They didn't say where the thieves were from, but I'm sure they were Dominicans].
Hey lisagauss, I added the last sentence in brackets for your own DR1 safety. lol

Since CC is so predictable, that should keep him from saying what he always says when someone tries to bring things into perspective. Dominicano bad, very bad is his mantra.

:cross-eye

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Unfortunately,for you and Lisa,you can't find"NewYork1" to post about what's happening there!
CCCCCCCCCCCC
Chip,my son in Boston went to a Catholic High school,so you can get a "Christian Education" there too!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I'm happy with your decision.

However, for others the US or UK necessarily isn't a step "up". From my own perspective I have a lot better chance raising my daughters as Christians here in the DR as opposed to the US as they would have to go to the public education system. More than likely they will never be a victim of robbery or violence. No one that I know of in our extended family here has ever been a victim of violent crime, only thievery when people were gone.

I'm not even sure we are going to be settling in the UK, I'm looking at property in Eastern Europe at the moment, maybe take on a couple of projects and see how we settle without the DR. My daughter is really close to the family, and this is the biggest issue right now seeing how she adapts, or even is she will. We'll be back at some point, but the significance that I do not miss the place a big deal as I've always missed the country in the past when I've been away for whatever reason. Right now it just feels right.
The violence is not something that directly effects us much, although it has in the past, it is just hearing about it constantly that tires me out. But as I've said before, no matter where we live, we drop one bag of stress and pick up another bag, but slightly different contents. I think that is the same everywhere, and for everyone. I'm sure whatever we do it'll continue to be an unstructured chaos, and fun:classic:

But anyway, thread drifting!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
So CC's being serious now go figure.

The cost of living is too high in the States for me and unfortunately so are Catholic schools. I'm also too old to change my career back in the States and the reality is there are few job's in the construction in spite of what the Dems are telling us. The DR is our home for better or for worse.