American airlines from bad to worse

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
So now AA is going to close their lounge at las Americas having only just moved into a larger and different area ,,,and so now all the AA card holders living in DR who have already paid for the right to have a quiet lounge with coffee and biscuits are to be cheated out of the entitlements .
I can just imagine Jet Blue and Copa and United Continental rubbing their hands with glee as all the disgruntled former AA flyers move over away from AA.
Far easier now justto go Fort Lauderdale with JetBlue than go with AA ibto Miami which ties with LAX as the worst airport in the world .
Bye Bye AA ,,the sooner you are taken over the better it will be for the DR

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
Been 10 years since I have chosen to fly thru Missing in Action airport. I've heard that it hasn't gotten any better though.
Der Fish

MIA is a disaster still. My last experience flying with AA a year ago was a real mess. Cancelled and delayed flights coming and going.

For those of us trying to go to the West Coast- Jetblue to Ft. Lauderdale might be ok, but only one flight a day that leaves around 5PM. Can't connect to other flights. Delta to Atlanta might be an option. United-Newark? Bad weather? Delays? Copa to Panama will start flights to Las Vegas, NV in June.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We fly out of JFK - 3 hours from our house - just to get a direct flight so we don't have to deal with Miami. Coming home on AA from SDQ this month we arrived a whole hour early.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It could had been worst. Look what AA did in San Juan. That was their Caribbean hub.

Oh wait, I may be speaking too soon. lol

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
In earlier days when we are travelling from home we used to get only AA as option and that too to SDQ only. We were at their mercy and they will treat us as peanuts. Thank Emirates and now they had aligned with JetBlue and I can get on and off from STI with the comfortable front row of seats and very good service. No wonder they have 5 flights a day from STI alone. they had lost on the cargo side also. It was disastrous when we are dealing with the AA.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
So now AA is going to close their lounge at las Americas having only just moved into a larger and different area ,,,and so now all the AA card holders living in DR who have already paid for the right to have a quiet lounge with coffee and biscuits are to be cheated out of the entitlements .
I can just imagine Jet Blue and Copa and United Continental rubbing their hands with glee as all the disgruntled former AA flyers move over away from AA.
Far easier now justto go Fort Lauderdale with JetBlue than go with AA ibto Miami which ties with LAX as the worst airport in the world .
Bye Bye AA ,,the sooner you are taken over the better it will be for the DR

Ah diddums, don't you like the way American Airlines treat you? Never mind my love. Take a little piece of love and try the alternative..................Swim

GEEEEEEESSSSSHHHH

There's no pleasing some folk!

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I don't like flying period.
I especially HATE Jet Blue. I have taken better service bus in Asia then them. And what is the f**king point of paying for extra room if I have to get on the plane at the end to have my carry on check in at the gate since those entered earlier took all the spaces.
I don't like their I am f*cking way better then you attitude. Once I heard "Hey BRO sit your ass down" from lady flight crew on the way to STI only to find out later that the guy was deaf. No apology given.
I fly Jet Blue all the time but if I know how to swim several hundred miles I would swim here.

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
I don't like flying period.
I especially HATE Jet Blue. I have taken better service bus in Asia then them. And what is the f**king point of paying for extra room if I have to get on the plane at the end to have my carry on check in at the gate since those entered earlier took all the spaces.
I don't like their I am f*cking way better then you attitude. Once I heard "Hey BRO sit your ass down" from lady flight crew on the way to STI only to find out later that the guy was deaf. No apology given.
I fly Jet Blue all the time but if I know how to swim several hundred miles I would swim here.

I'm thinking Copa and Delta are my only options at this point, but who the hell knows anymore.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you pay for an "Extra Legroom Seat",on "Jet Blue",you also get priority boarding!
That means,you get on the airplane FIRST!!!!
That,and the "non-stop" flight from SD to Boston,are the reasons I fly "Jet Blue"!
"Oh!",and all the free "snacks",water,coffee,tea, and soft drinks you want.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
If you pay for an "Extra Legroom Seat",on "Jet Blue",you also get priority boarding!
That means,you get on the airplane FIRST!!!!
That,and the "non-stop" flight from SD to Boston,are the reasons I fly "Jet Blue"!
"Oh!",and all the free "snacks",water,coffee,tea, and soft drinks you want.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

And the flight attendants are young
Not some OLD 30 YEAR OLD'S.....................

B in Santiago