Three to five days...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I did a search and it was March 20th, when I first asked for information on Claro. And today I still don't have internet.

I was told when I went there for second time, on early April I got exactly same answer "someone will call and come by your house in three to five days." Couple weeks fly by since I was in State, but between several calls to office I asked about status on Claro and sent several people to see what is going and same answer "three to five days."

Today since I am back. I went to see that same guy who took the same information on multiple visit. No standing online this time. I was called and I was told "someone is going to be at my house between three to five days" but this time he told me to have somebody at home because some time the they don't call and just visit.

Wonderful!

Since I sent my wife to in laws for couple of month there won't be mrs waiting.

Right now I am having a cold beer typing this on my 4" screen phone on a prepaid data plan I purchased today in our guest room since its the only room that is getting decent signal. Buck naked and happy.

No wife and no way to contect me outside of work is a life changing experience. I feel like I am single again.

Good to be back.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I could be missing something but why not pick up one of those 3G or 4G boxes from the office, plug it into a power outlet and have the internet in 15 minutes and not have to wait for anything? Just did this today with Wind Telecom, but the same can be done with Orange (and I suspect with Claro).

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I could be missing something but why not pick up one of those 3G or 4G boxes from the office, plug it into a power outlet and have the internet in 15 minutes and not have to wait for anything? Just did this today with Wind Telecom, but the same can be done with Orange (and I suspect with Claro).

I tried. I borrowed usb sticks and got unusable speeds& drops from both claro & orange in my house. Now that I have claro prepaid data, I am going to tether it through my Phone if needed. I don't think I would get reliable/consistent 1-2 mbs with over the air services & I want clear and good cable tv in my house.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
If you in a zone covered by Wind, i recommend trying their wireless Internet service - very stable speed, no drops.

jari841

Feb 20, 2011
I did a search and it was March 20th, when I first asked for information on Claro. And today I still don't have internet.

I was told when I went there for second time, on early April I got exactly same answer "someone will call and come by your house in three to five days." Couple weeks fly by since I was in State, but between several calls to office I asked about status on Claro and sent several people to see what is going and same answer "three to five days."

Today since I am back. I went to see that same guy who took the same information on multiple visit. No standing online this time. I was called and I was told "someone is going to be at my house between three to five days" but this time he told me to have somebody at home because some time the they don't call and just visit.

Wonderful!

Since I sent my wife to in laws for couple of month there won't be mrs waiting.

Right now I am having a cold beer typing this on my 4" screen phone on a prepaid data plan I purchased today in our guest room since its the only room that is getting decent signal. Buck naked and happy.

No wife and no way to contect me outside of work is a life changing experience. I feel like I am single again.

Good to be back.

Sounds quite typical customer care from Claro to me. A while ago, I went personally to one of their huge, shiny and new "Centro de Servicio al Cliente" and solicited for an ADSL/land line combination. They asked me some questions, gave me an order number and told me that during the following week I would be contacted. No telephone call next week. Went back a week later (was not in a rush since this was to be a back-up connection only), talked to the exact same representative, and got a response that they tried to call me but I did not pick-up. I had received no calls that particular day from numbers I did not have one my phone. They also claimed that none of the two other people whose contact information I gave them, picked up their phone.

They took my information again and told that next Monday, please be prepared, you will be called. No call. A week later I went to a different office and explained them the situation. Response: The first representative had inputted all the data incorrectly to the system. They got my information the third time, and told me that I would be contacted the following day before noon. No call.

That evening I went personally to Tricom office, did not wait in line at all (with Claro I waited about 2 hours on the three occasions together), was given a contract to sign immediately, and informed that next week, Monday or Tuesday, a technician will come to install the connection.

Next day Claro called, I said please forget me, you had your change.

Next Monday Tricom called me, confirmed the address and the service to be installed. On Tuesday they installed the ordered services as promised and tested the functionality and speed. Have been a happy customer of Tricom ever since. The speed is not the best, but very stable, at least has been this far.

I happen to work with a guy who has worked with Claro in the past, and also he has been telling me that Claro?s customer care is a complete disaster.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Sounds quite typical customer care from Claro to me. A while ago, I went personally to one of their huge, shiny and new "Centro de Servicio al Cliente" and solicited for an ADSL/land line combination. They asked me some questions, gave me an order number and told me that during the following week I would be contacted. No telephone call next week. Went back a week later (was not in a rush since this was to be a back-up connection only), talked to the exact same representative, and got a response that they tried to call me but I did not pick-up. I had received no calls that particular day from numbers I did not have one my phone. They also claimed that none of the two other people whose contact information I gave them, picked up their phone.

They took my information again and told that next Monday, please be prepared, you will be called. No call. A week later I went to a different office and explained them the situation. Response: The first representative had inputted all the data incorrectly to the system. They got my information the third time, and told me that I would be contacted the following day before noon. No call.

That evening I went personally to Tricom office, did not wait in line at all (with Claro I waited about 2 hours on the three occasions together), was given a contract to sign immediately, and informed that next week, Monday or Tuesday, a technician will come to install the connection.

Next day Claro called, I said please forget me, you had your change.

Next Monday Tricom called me, confirmed the address and the service to be installed. On Tuesday they installed the ordered services as promised and tested the functionality and speed. Have been a happy customer of Tricom ever since. The speed is not the best, but very stable, at least has been this far.

I happen to work with a guy who has worked with Claro in the past, and also he has been telling me that Claro?s customer care is a complete disaster.
I heard the same.
Since I have no wife crying about lack of internet & cable tv, I am in no rush to add extra bill. But I do need and want internet+tv+phone in my house and eventually I guess it will be set up. but until then I'll keep myself busy with other stuff.