TITANIC 3D- best cinema in Santo Domingo?

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I have fallen in love with the Dominican Republic during the past year. Being from NY, the only thing I miss from there are some of the large cinemas. I have been to the Acropolis and Malecon Cinemas. Both of them were fine, but I'd really like to see TITANIC 3D as well as The Avengers (opening here a week before the US!) on the best screen possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have heard the Blue Mall Cinema is quite nice.

DR2001

Jan 2, 2011
Hi, I can't help out with the cinema question, but we went to see Titanic 3D last weekend and it was a let down. You could of watched it without the 3D glasses.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
is this the one with De Caprio which I saw 502nd time on cable and broadcast TV?

Sorry I had been away from TV and entertainment news for awhile.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
is this the one with De Caprio which I saw 502nd time on cable and broadcast TV?

Sorry I had been away from TV and entertainment news for awhile.

Same one, with a 3D conversion. Really have to ask yourself if you want to see it again?

I thought it was a complete 3D experience, as opposed to some of the cheesy effects they throw into some movies to call them 3D.

Also, hadn't noticed until this time that the "I See You" line was in both the Titanic and Avatar.

I think I was the last one to see it when it came out the first time, and haven't seen it since. I look forward to the 3D movie that can top Avatar.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I have heard conflicting reports about 3D conversion. Possibly some cinemas have higher quality 3D projection. Unless I hear of a better suggestion, I'll see it at the Blue Mall.

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks so much JD for the info. I'm not a huge fan of 3D anyway. I just want to see Titanic on the big screen again. I'll try and see The Avengers in 2D.

sonorakid

Apr 23, 2012
I think I was the last one to see it when it came out the first time, and haven't seen it since. I look forward to the 3D movie that can top Avatar.
abs

Last edited:

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
abs

Couldn't have said it better myself! Oh wait, I did say that.

Welcome to DR1 sonorakid!

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I don't know if it's age thing or our eye sights but the thing I hate 3D movies is. I get extremely dizzy and my wife with better eye sights seems to agree on this. When me and my wife (pregnant at that time) went to see Avatar in IMAX. M y wife puked her lungs out during and at the end and I had to sit with my eyes closed for few minutes after movie so I can walk out straight. When we saw it for the second time with my brother-in-law. Same thing. My wife sat outside few min after it started to the end and I had to join her to make sure she was ok and didn't wanted to finish the movie afterwards. Anybody have same experience on this? or Did we went to one with bad screen/glasses?

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I haven't gotten sick but I have found that my eyes feel a bit strained after. Also I feel the 3D actually takes me out of the movie. The 3D glasses seem more of a barrier between me and whats on the screen as opposed to immersing me in the film.