One answer to DR,s noisy streets......

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Electricity costs more than "Combustibles" here!
And,do you think that they could keep them running here?
And what about those very long extension cords blocking all the streets????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
But how many passengers?

Cute.

Test for wide spread use would be how many passengers will it transport?

See potential for rentals in Zonal Colonial.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
not to mention the fact that the production of electricity in old power plants produces more pollution than burning gas in a car.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Enforcement of current laws on motorcycle exhaust would help the noise issue a lot. Also enforcing the moto license plate law would cut crime. Most moto crime is committed on motos without plates. Since many if not most moto drivers do not pay for their electricity at home, electric motos would save fuel and noise.

I believe, since the Govt makes incredible money from the $5 gas, most of which is tax, they do not want to promote electric cars/motos! Logic would dictate that electric vehicles and solar panels should be subsidized, not taxed!!

Which posters said, "when you land in the DR leave your logic behind, then you will understand everything?"

beyondnyc

Feb 23, 2012
I want one of those. But then again my diesel Montero is pretty good on gas. Just a fun looking ride.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
while they look fun
I dont see the whole family fitting in the bubble
or the washer!
Manu

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Whole family of five can fit on electric scooter if necessary.

I suspect the model for DR would be more like a quad or beach buggy.

pi2.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Whole family of five can fit on electric scooter if necessary.

I suspect the model for DR would be more like a quad or beach buggy.

pi2.

and then crash with the massive overload and shift of the center of balance, killing the entire family

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
18mph max.

Too wide to ride on the shoulder of the road.

Unstable 3 wheels.

Carnage.

Nuff said.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
[video=youtube;Z0m-cUxMcJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0m-cUxMcJw&feature=related[/video]

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was thinking more along the lines of a Nuetron Bomb"!
Kills all the "Biomass",leaves the "Infrasructure".
Should be approved by "Preach-HARD-OH",it would not destroy his beloved "METRO",or "MALLS",and it would eliminate all those "Illegal Haitians" he despises so much!
"Win-Win" for him!
And "Pi2" could sleep till noon without being disturbed.
Well,I almost forgot,he IS "Disturbed"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Makes me wonder,how well it can "Maintain" that "Balance" when it gets hit by "Anything"????????????????
I say it's about one step less dangerous that a "Motor",but not as nimble!
And "Thousands" more expensive!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Makes me wonder,how well it can "Maintain" that "Balance" when it gets hit by "Anything"????????????????
I say it's about one step less dangerous that a "Motor",but not as nimble!
And "Thousands" more expensive!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Two imbedded gyroscopes at a very low CoG of 1300ft.lbs. of torque each. No guarantee of not crashing in a Big Collision, but it seems minor bumps will not result in a fall down...

0-60 in 6-8 seconds, range of 150 miles, dry as a bone...not so bad for the price, no doubt a 2-seater is in the works. I also like the cargo scooter. Brilliant!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
To parphrase George Orwell,..."Four Wheels GOOD,Two Wheels Bad !"
It's a "Nice Toy",not practical in the real world,and at what cost???
You are not exactly an "Unbiased Opinion" here.
Besides,no "Wind in your face,"bugs in your teeth" with this Capsul.
You would miss that! ;)
There is ABSOLUTELY NO MARKET for these in the DR!!
MUCH too quiet!!!
And if they can't do a "Wheely" as you leave the "Colmado" :ermm:,who would want one?? :cheeky:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Besides,no "Wind in your face,"bugs in your teeth" with this Capsul.
You would miss that! ;)

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I like this quote by Robert Persig in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance*:
In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.

So true, so very true. And to wax cliche, "Only a motorcyclists understands why a dog sticks his head out of a moving vehicle."

Another random Persig quote:
Peace of mind produces right values, right values produce right thoughts. Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all.

*NOT a book about motorcycles or maintenance. They are merely philosophical props....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
correctly me if i am wrong, but 90% of the noise on dominican streets is contributed by dominicans rather than cars. music, mainly. and then some shouting. and then baterias viejas, hierro viejo compramos. and then the joy of the political caravanas. cars mostly contribute by honking. and motos by the lack of mufflers.

fyi miesposo has a hybrid hihglander and i always have a problem turning this bugger on. miesposo says you just turn the key on-off but i turn and keep turned because my brain is slower than engine start, it takes time to believe the car is, indeed, on despite making zero noise indicating that fact...