Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 1% in SD.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The 1% in SD.

So we are in SD for a week now,doing plenty of activities with the boys, funnyfactory at Blue Mall,Happy land at Jumbo,Bosque jurasico at Jardin botanico,etc,etc,etc.My point is,sadly,I've noticed that they only people I see is the infamous "rich Dominicans"engaging in these activities along with their nannies (funny factory looks like a pediatrician's office since the nannies wear scrubs,lol.Now,I really don't care that they are "rich" but what a bunch of mal educados.They would stare,so naturally one would smile to greet.Not these people,they are the walking Greek gods and goddess walking the streets of SD.What can one expect from people that think going to Pizza hut and Wendy's is high end.I tell my wife how lovely it is that these people don't sleep thinking of how to outdo one another.Guess you can say "keeping up with the Baez" lol.They Truly deserve each other,who would wanna be in that crowd anyways,but my goodness,they try so hard,it's childish.Sorry,just needed to share with those unaware.This is why my heart is set in Santiago.Nothing like Cibaeno hospitality.Can't wait to be there tomorrow!!! I will post some pics on my other thread"activities for kids in SD"

2. Likes ExtremeR, Chennifer liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you taken the kids to either one of the plazas on the Malecon? You won't see any "nannies" there.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The modern rich of the Dr mainly made their riches from corruption and politics. Just look at Felix bautista, he didn't have a dime before Leonel now he makes millions as leonels front man all through corruption.

5. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I haven't taken the boys to the Malecon yet.I guess if there's no nannies to show off,the 1% won't be there.Talk 'bout tacky looking people.Lisa,I was just in San Juan visiting abuela.I don't know if it was Felix Bautista,but the highway was immaculate,side rail,smooth,couldn't believe it,for DR standards??? Even the way it was build,was for proper drainage in case of rain.One of the campesino was telling me that one of Felix's guys made 70 millions pesos off that project,don't know how true that is.I figured that the 1% has to be those big families that one those groups that Hillbilly mentioned before(la Sirena,Banco de Leon,etc)I mean,their kids look like New yorkers.They do have lots of money,but they lack lots in class as well....como dicen,aunque la mona se vista de ceda,mona se queda.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc dad View Post
    So we are in SD for a week now,doing plenty of activities with the boys, funnyfactory at Blue Mall,Happy land at Jumbo,Bosque jurasico at Jardin botanico,etc,etc,etc.My point is,sadly,I've noticed that they only people I see is the infamous "rich Dominicans"engaging in these activities along with their nannies (funny factory looks like a pediatrician's office since the nannies wear scrubs,lol.Now,I really don't care that they are "rich" but what a bunch of mal educados.They would stare,so naturally one would smile to greet.Not these people,they are the walking Greek gods and goddess walking the streets of SD.What can one expect from people that think going to Pizza hut and Wendy's is high end.I tell my wife how lovely it is that these people don't sleep thinking of how to outdo one another.Guess you can say "keeping up with the Baez" lol.They Truly deserve each other,who would wanna be in that crowd anyways,but my goodness,they try so hard,it's childish.Sorry,just needed to share with those unaware.This is why my heart is set in Santiago.Nothing like Cibaeno hospitality.Can't wait to be there tomorrow!!! I will post some pics on my other thread"activities for kids in SD"

Post Thanks / Like

Rich does not equal cooth! I do hope Sabana Iglesia is what you want it to be. The Hillbilly Hovel is unpresuming, I hope.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I haven't taken the boys to the Malecon yet.I guess if there's no nannies to show off,the 1% won't be there.Talk 'bout tacky looking people.Lisa,I was just in San Juan visiting abuela.I don't know if it was Felix Bautista,but the highway was immaculate,side rail,smooth,couldn't believe it,for DR standards??? Even the way it was build,was for proper drainage in case of rain.One of the campesino was telling me that one of Felix's guys made 70 millions pesos off that project,don't know how true that is.I figured that the 1% has to be those big families that one those groups that Hillbilly mentioned before(la Sirena,Banco de Leon,etc)I mean,their kids look like New yorkers.They do have lots of money,but they lack lots in class as well....como dicen,aunque la mona se vista de ceda,mona se queda.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure you will not find any of the children of those families anywhere very public in Santo Domingo. They keep pretty much to themselves. You might find them over at Santo Domingo Country Club or in Club Arroyo Hondo or at Club Naco, but not out in "public".....

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Do they give autographs???

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I kinda understand

A lot of movement and hustling in the Capital.These places charge "New York prices"I guess you sort of pay a premium for havind the kids in a "safe"environment.You can tell based on posts who's down to earth.Your hovel I'm sure is fine.Funny thing is how you see rich Americans back in the states,walking around with dirty snickers.My friend's uncle,own 5 supermarkets in NYC but yet drove a '88 Camry.He's been living in Santiago now for the last 15,I'm sure still keeping under the radar.He son was always nogging him 'bout getting a new car.His only luxury was his 25 year old girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I am pretty sure you will not find any of the children of those families anywhere very public in Santo Domingo. They keep pretty much to themselves. You might find them over at Santo Domingo Country Club or in Club Arroyo Hondo or at Club Naco, but not out in "public".....

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect by 2016 this will be their ride of choice...

World Debut: The Lamborghini SUV - Forbes

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast