Travelling with the dominican nanny to the US

vivile

Apr 1, 2009
Hello,
Can someone tell me if I can travel for vacations (2 weeks) with our nanny to help us with the kids??
Can I tramit a one pass visa to the US? Not the tipical tourist visa for dominican
Thanks
Vivile

tao112

Jul 6, 2011
very simple answer

call the embassy

Hello,
Can someone tell me if I can travel for vacations (2 weeks) with our nanny to help us with the kids??
Can I tramit a one pass visa to the US? Not the tipical tourist visa for dominican
Thanks
Vivile

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have not heard of a one pass visa. The US rarely allows Dominicans to visit the US because they have found that 99.9 percent of them do not come back once they get a taste of the $ they can make even being illegal. Please dont jump in and tell me how your bro in law got a visa. They give out a few so that it cannot be said they refuse all. Its a lot of money to be told NO and then they refuse to give you a reason for the turn down which adds insult to injury.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
There is a three-month, one entry visa. It's common for young professionals who have never been issued a visa before to get this type of visa for conferences, workshops, etc... in the US and PR. It is actually really common, and often is given to people for two or three times before a ten-year, unlimited entry visa is issued.

And no, 99.99% of Dominicans do not jump their visa and stay in the USA.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
There is a three-month, one entry visa. It's common for young professionals who have never been issued a visa before to get this type of visa for conferences, workshops, etc... in the US and PR. It is actually really common, and often is given to people for two or three times before a ten-year, unlimited entry visa is issued.

A nanny does not qualify as a professional for a short term visit!
If you could convince the US and Canadian Governments of the validity of your statement our Dominican friends could be invited by us and travel the world as most citizens can............ a sad state of affairs!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

OK, I have to get you on this one....

So what IS the statistic?? 99.98%???

SHALENA

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
I was referencing the post from zoom stating there is no such thing. I don't know the process for a nanny, but a short term visa exists and is issued frequently.

and Sking... you know better. what's wrong with you, it's 99.8% :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A lot depends on how you go about it. It can be done. Do it right and you will see.

HB

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
3 to 5%.

Cable reference id: #06SANTODOMINGO3642

Alright DR1ers, this is not the first time many of you don't get certain aspects of the DR or Dominicans. For now on keep this as a rule of thumb, whatever you think of the DR or Dominicans, the opposite is true. :)

In March of 2012, it was announced that a tracking system for overstays was going to be put in place. Don't think it has been done yet. The US has never tracked overstays from any country, so the statistics at best are estimates. The motivation behind the tracking system is because of the 9/11 hijackers who had over stayed their visas. (Fighting terroism vs. illegal immigration)

There is also information in the archives on denial rates, they are not as high as some would paint them, either.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Why is it the of the dozens of Dominicans I know that have traveled to the US on visas only one has stayed?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
From what I've seen since 2000 is that it is very difficult to get a visa for most Dominicans. I've met more than a few people who have been rejected.

As far as the people I've known who were granted visas most were professionals of course; engineers, salesmen, doctors, executives, business owners, etc but a few were not so well off too. The one person that overstayed his visa is a nephew and it was a student visa. I think of the 20 students from UTESA 4 or 5 overstayed.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
A consulate official told me DR is number 2 behind philipines in visa fraud. 5 students out of 20 seems like a pretty high rate. That is amongst college students.

Why are there no longer cruises leaving from SDQ that will allow dominicans to travel the caribbean without visas? I seem to recall a bunch of them getting off the ship in guadalupe and not returning. Guadalupe. . . .not nueva yol. . .