Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Travelling with the dominican nanny to the US

Hello,
    Can someone tell me if I can travel for vacations (2 weeks) with our nanny to help us with the kids??
    Can I tramit a one pass visa to the US? Not the tipical tourist visa for dominican
    Thanks
    Vivile

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default very simple answer

call the embassy

Quote Originally Posted by vivile View Post
    Hello,
    Can someone tell me if I can travel for vacations (2 weeks) with our nanny to help us with the kids??
    Can I tramit a one pass visa to the US? Not the tipical tourist visa for dominican
    Thanks
    Vivile

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have said unlikely, but I did find an old thread about it.

Seems like the catch is that you need to be an American citizen yourself. Of course, rules change, but maybe it could give you some useful information.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/6496...-nanny-dr.html

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard of a one pass visa. The US rarely allows Dominicans to visit the US because they have found that 99.9 percent of them do not come back once they get a taste of the $ they can make even being illegal. Please dont jump in and tell me how your bro in law got a visa. They give out a few so that it cannot be said they refuse all. Its a lot of money to be told NO and then they refuse to give you a reason for the turn down which adds insult to injury.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a three-month, one entry visa. It's common for young professionals who have never been issued a visa before to get this type of visa for conferences, workshops, etc... in the US and PR. It is actually really common, and often is given to people for two or three times before a ten-year, unlimited entry visa is issued.

And no, 99.99% of Dominicans do not jump their visa and stay in the USA.

6. Likes belmont liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaTeacher View Post
    There is a three-month, one entry visa. It's common for young professionals who have never been issued a visa before to get this type of visa for conferences, workshops, etc... in the US and PR. It is actually really common, and often is given to people for two or three times before a ten-year, unlimited entry visa is issued.

A nanny does not qualify as a professional for a short term visit!
    If you could convince the US and Canadian Governments of the validity of your statement our Dominican friends could be invited by us and travel the world as most citizens can............ a sad state of affairs!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaTeacher View Post

OK, I have to get you on this one....

So what IS the statistic?? 99.98%???

SHALENA

9. Likes Tamborista liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post
    OK, I have to get you on this one....

So what IS the statistic?? 99.98%???

SHALENA
    3 to 5%.

Cable reference id: #06SANTODOMINGO3642

Alright DR1ers, this is not the first time many of you don't get certain aspects of the DR or Dominicans. For now on keep this as a rule of thumb, whatever you think of the DR or Dominicans, the opposite is true.

Polls Forum Moderator

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I was referencing the post from zoom stating there is no such thing. I don't know the process for a nanny, but a short term visa exists and is issued frequently.

and Sking... you know better. what's wrong with you, it's 99.8%

Post Thanks / Like

A lot depends on how you go about it. It can be done. Do it right and you will see.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast