A bit wet

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Ummm, nice weather for ducks! I came out of the office and had to take my shoes off just to cross the road to get to my car! Downtown Sosua is flooded right now, worst areas are at the corner of Harrison's and the stretch from Seacrets bar to Hotel Europa and then all the way down to just after La Esplanada hotel. Stay away from those areas if you have a small car!
Can't imagine what it is like in Islabon after Cabarete and the lower areas of Sabaneta. If you are going out on the roads be careful out there.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
raining in POP too. walked our goggies, not a single living soul around. nice! :)

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Ummm, nice weather for ducks! I came out of the office and had to take my shoes off just to cross the road to get to my car! Downtown Sosua is flooded right now, worst areas are at the corner of Harrison's and the stretch from Seacrets bar to Hotel Europa and then all the way down to just after La Esplanada hotel. Stay away from those areas if you have a small car!
Can't imagine what it is like in Islabon after Cabarete and the lower areas of Sabaneta. If you are going out on the roads be careful out there.
Is this normal weather for April?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"Is this normal for April?"

Sort of. May is one of the months for big showers, at least here in the Cibao.

However, this has been a strange year so far! We had rains during Lent, something almost unheard of, and no winds!!

Now these latest rains have come from the West, which usually means heavier rains and more wind than usual....

So the answer to your question is both yes, we are closing in on May and No, it should not be this rainy...

HB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Wet all day in Cabrera........... got the new wall finished , barely.

It was dry and now its not.

I was lost and now I am found..... isn't that a biblical thing (Ihope so)

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
WOW......Calle Agosto is a frikn river. The water level is higher than the curbs, thus any ground level apartments are flooded out. Not fun!!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Better than the mixed rain/snow/hail/Sleet and strong winds we are getting here on the north shores of lake Ontario.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
According to the news on channel 3, the whole of sosua and cabarete is flooded...

I think Eddy will not share your thoughts, Bob, just saw his store on the news.... in about 30 cm of mud...

Let us hope there are no victims....

BelgianK

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
The cemetery in Sabaneta is under water, so its pretty high, and Islabon will be under as well, probably up to the highway...

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
According to the news on channel 3, the whole of sosua and cabarete is flooded...

I think Eddy will not share your thoughts, Bob, just saw his store on the news.... in about 30 cm of mud...

BelgianK

Just got back from Sosua with Don, what a mess, never saw a river going down Calle Dr rosen........
Walked from Rocky's to the metro with pants rolled to the knees carrying my shoes and laptop........
Fell once and thought I would end up in Cabarete....
Unless you were there you wouldn't believe it......
Water past my knees........

B happily back in Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
It rained so hard in Sosua today,

the beach was under water.

[video=youtube_share;UjFpvWB0NgM]http://youtu.be/UjFpvWB0NgM[/video]

The water on the sidewalk at the entrance to Rocky's was about 3 inches deep.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007

BelgianK

Cabarete - our garden now is a lake with islands of plants. Sitting on the terrace now, listening to the concert from hundreds of frogs , fresh air - in one I like this atmosphere (not every day, for sure). But like Belgiank - I am thinking about the people living in the low lying areas - hopeful there are no victims.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Just got back from Sosua with Don, what a mess, never saw a river going down Calle Dr rosen........
Walked from Rocky's to the metro with pants rolled to the knees carrying my shoes and laptop........
Fell once and thought I would end up in Cabarete....
Unless you were there you wouldn't believe it......
Water past my knees........

B happily back in Santiago

Glad you guys are okay. Looking at the video that SantiagoDR posted, is unbelievable. I hope the weather much improves and there are no casualties. If this happened here, they would deem it an emergency and have the military out.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Glad you guys are okay. Looking at the video that SantiagoDR posted, is unbelievable. I hope the weather much improves and there are no casualties. If this happened here, they would deem it an emergency and have the military out.

WTF is the military gonna do, you think they have fuel to drive around, get that post count up miamor!
Thanks for the video Don/Barry, hope you are safe.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
SantiagoDR's video reminds me of how it used to be at the old free zone in Santiago on rainy days... only it was usually worse in Stgo!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
WTF is the military gonna do, you think they have fuel to drive around, get that post count up miamor!
Thanks for the video Don/Barry, hope you are safe.

As Tambo said... do not count on the military or government...

This is about friends and family helping out....

BelgianK