taino pottery declaration

dom

Jun 1, 2011
i believe i have read somewhere on this thread before that if someone has some taino art/pottery, they must be taken to the museo del hombre in santo domingo for declaration and registration and then will be returned to the person that found/owns them, can anyone confirm this, and or how this process works ?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
i believe i have read somewhere on this thread before that if someone has some taino art/pottery, they must be taken to the museo del hombre in santo domingo for declaration and registration and then will be returned to the person that found/owns them, can anyone confirm this, and or how this process works ?

Only to say that i wrote something about that a few years ago.
I think i was warned there is a lot of fake stuff about.
If the museo del hombre declares it real, i suppose they would keep it (belongs to the state).
Nevertheless i never had any of it authenticated and still have it.......so don't know what the real process is.

Please be sure to let us know if you do submit any items.

dom

Jun 1, 2011
as i remember well you are allowed to keep the artifact, but you cannot sell it outisde of the country, but no idea if that is even true or not.

the museum website was last updated 2002, that shows the huge interest of the dominican goverment to support this matter, anyways if someone has some more information id appreciate it, its quite a collection and im 100% certain it is authentic.

dom

Jun 1, 2011
so my friend has this nice collection of taino pottery and rocks, no feedback and no contact at all with the people from the museum, does anyone have some deeper knowledge regarding these things, and would like to take a look, and maybe can tell us if it is of any value

what we do know is that it is real, its not a fake.