Social project for about a week needed

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Dear all,

For a group of dutch professionals (business consultants) I'm looking for a social project, to be carried out at the end of the year in DR or Haiti (preferably DR). Im thinking about the common projects as building / fixing a school, hospital or whatever. I have no idea where to start looking for that, anyone ideas?

This happens to be my former colleagues, working for a small consulting firm in the Netherlands, that want to do a social responsibility project to celebrate their first lustrum.

gr. Mauricio

Aug 21, 2007
Be careful what you ask for.....the are so many opportunities......they are endless! Are you willing or do you want to work with a non-profit, mission group or church? If so, okay. Then do you have a part of the DR where you wish to do your service work?

Depending on your specific wants and needs, people on this board can point you in various directions and connect you with the right people.

Know that you will most likely need to pay your own flights and housing while here. Most volunteers are expected to do so.

Give a bit more information and I am sure we can help out.

Lindsey

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I know of two orphanages that need help - one in Haiti on the border and one in Sosua for handicapped kids. The Haitian orphanage is run by a Haitian pstor who is a friend and the Dominican orphange is run by Mustard Seed Communities.

Also, I can get you in touch with a person in Port au Prince for mission type work there.

Send me a pm for further info.

The mission in PAP is Quisqueya Christian School. Ted Steinhauer runs it and this is his email. tsteinhauer@quisqueya.org I don't know if it's current because the webpage is down.

Last edited:

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Dear all,

For a group of dutch professionals (business consultants) I'm looking for a social project, to be carried out at the end of the year in DR or Haiti (preferably DR). Im thinking about the common projects as building / fixing a school, hospital or whatever. I have no idea where to start looking for that, anyone ideas?

This happens to be my former colleagues, working for a small consulting firm in the Netherlands, that want to do a social responsibility project to celebrate their first lustrum.

gr. Mauricio

Maybe this one: Dominican Mission Crossroads

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
You can also try to communicate with private schools such as CMS in Santo Domingo. They often have community service projects that are linked to the school. Which IMO is a very good thing as it gives many of the most wealthy students on the island some first hand exposure to the poverty of others and since these are children that will grow up to play pivotal roles in the countries future it is important that they see the need for community service first hand.