No garbage pickup in over two weeks where I live.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I am sure that we have not missed the truck because we have a maid so there is always someone in the house.
I now have a 10 by 10 foot three bags deep pile on the property. The neighborhood is starting to smell and is being invaded by flies and flying roaches. I spoke to the Dip. Fransisco Sosa who owns my house and his trash has not been picked up either. He called the city hall when I was with him and they gave him the run around.
I called the real estate office (Gutierrez) and they hung up on me. I'm going to put my garbage in the middle of the main road Sunday if this does not get resolved.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I am going to call my brother in law to see of he knows anyone that works on the garbage trucks.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Garbage in the road will not make you very popular with the neighbours once the street dogs have had a sniff through it all. I don't know where you live but you will have more joy by tracking them down and approaching them yourself (maybe even offer a small incentive to break route and clear your trash immediately) than any reports will produce. This is not a problem in somewhere small like Jarabacoa, but if you live in a big city it is probably as good as impossible. Surely you are used to these irritants in DR living. Good luck:cross-eye

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
10x10, 3 bags deep? In 2 weeks? I hope they are not full of baby diapers. I think Santiago needs to start a recycling program.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Thats all about money.
if you won't your garbage collected you have to give them 100 -150 peso every time they collect.( because its always different guys who collect. Thats work perfectly. They will always come to your house and take your garbage. Sometimes 3 to 4 times the week.

Another way is to call one of the many private garbage collectors who take your garbage and dump it 500 meter away to somebody else. They take about 500 Peso depending how much it is.

In DR it is all about MONEY. If you live here you have to play the rules of DR

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Join your junta de vecinos and go to ayuntamiento together. Until then buy a couple of barrels for you trash until the truck returns.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My unpaid "Garbage Bill",after 14 years at this address,is over 44,000 pesos!!!!!!!!
Every two or three years,somebody taps on my front gate,with a new "Bill".
They show me how much I supposedly "Owe".
I laugh,and say that I'm not going to pay anything.
They then "threaten" to stop picking up my garbage.
I tell them,"No You Can't!"
"Yes We Will!"
I tell them ,"You can't "STOP",waht you don't "DO"!"
I tell them I have had garbage pick up,only about 5 times in 14 years,and then(As Was Mentioned Above) ONLY because I had someone track down an,"Ayuntamiento" truck,and "PAY THEM"!
They then leave for another few years.
"Money Makes The WORLD Go Around",but in the DR,"MONEY" will make the "WORLD",drop it's pants, bend over in front of you,and grab it's ankles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"No Money,No HONEY!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My unpaid "Garbage Bill",after 14 years at this address,is over 44,000 pesos!!!!!!!!
Every two or three years,somebody taps on my front gate,with a new "Bill".
They show me how much I supposedly "Owe".
I laugh,and say that I'm not going to pay anything.
They then "threaten" to stop picking up my garbage.
I tell them,"No You Can't!"
"Yes We Will!"
I tell them ,"You can't "STOP",waht you don't "DO"!"
I tell them I have had garbage pick up,only about 5 times in 14 years,and then(As Was Mentioned Above) ONLY because I had someone track down an,"Ayuntamiento" truck,and "PAY THEM"!
They then leave for another few years.
"Money Makes The WORLD Go Around",but in the DR,"MONEY" will make the "WORLD",drop it's pants, bend over in front of you,and grab it's ankles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"No Money,No HONEY!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Inquiring minds want to know.....what you've done with your garbage for 14 years????

Out in the campo we have no garbage pickup. Everyone burns theirs, not very environmentally correct, but not much of an alternative either.....

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Inquiring minds want to know.....what you've done with your garbage for 14 years????

Out in the campo we have no garbage pickup. Everyone burns theirs, not very environmentally correct, but not much of an alternative either.....

That's what I was thinking! build a fire pit in the backyard and burn the damn thing.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
The toxic smoke from plastics will make you sick!

After you light up the garbage, you don't need to watch it burn.

In DR you have to pick your battles. Either let the stench, roaches, rats and flies run your life or put up with the smell while you burn your garbage three times a week.

Of course, I am assuming you could do this safely.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"xwill",not a problem!
We are all just like "Slick Willie Clinton",we don't INHALE!!!!!
________________________________________________________________________________
For the 10 years that I was "working" here,I took it to the place where I work,and threw it in the "dumpster" there.
Dominican "Fringe Benefits" package.
For the last 5 years,I send it to Santiago,and have it thrown in front of "Trainman33's" house!!!!
Not Really.
I have two 55gallon rubbermaid garbage cans.When they are full,my "Handy Man",puts them in a cart,and takes them about 3 blocks away and dumps them, like everybody else.Every day or so,they come in big trucks and pick it all up!
More often before "May 20th!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I live in Llanos de Gurabo I can't burn my garbage here. I went to the asseos urbanos blah blah office in city hall and they did call the people but that was not my main idea. What I really wanted was to know where the garbage truck lot is and that I found out. It is in some place way outside of Santiago called Barrio Lindo. I plan to go there Monday and try to get a truck to come with me.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"TRAIN",you have more Time,than Good Sense.
"Barrio Lindo","What's In A Name?"
"Would Any Other Rose Smell As Sweet?"
Let me save you time,and "gas",don't go!
They will just "Si Si Si" you to your face,then forget about you when you leave!
If you can get some "DR Big Wig" to go with,or for you,you have a shot.
After all,up until 20 May,"Things" sometimes get done!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
trainman, just give up. either get good strong bags, put them in your boot and drive to the nearest set of rubbish bins or hire a truck and have all rubbish taken away (if you feel brave you may order to have it dumped in front of the ayutamiento). i do not think there is anything you can do, really. in DR sometimes one has to invent own salida...

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
That's what I think is actually going on; that the garbagemen are doing the heavy lifting for the PLD campaign trying to keep their jobs.